Exercise in your living room barefoot?

Options
2»

Replies

• CiCiSlim
    Options
    I hate wearing shoes so I go without any chance I get. I also work out on a mat at home. When I'm at the gym, I have shoes on. Buuuuut I do have planter fascitis due to my ridiculously high arches so I just make sure that I wear my arch supports the rest of the day.
  • riveraphx
    riveraphx Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I have to wear shoes otherwise my feet cramp up;(

me too, it sux. It also sux wearing tennis shoes on carpet. Might as well glue my feet to the floor.
  • jenneyd
    jenneyd Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I do go barefoot, doing exercises in my living room (no shoes allowed on the carpet) However, I have considered lately about wearing my tennis shoes while I am on the elliptical. I believe it depends on the arch of your foot.
  • CarolHudson11
    Options
    I wear shoes because I have hardwood flooring. My feet slide all over it! LOL
  • Cristy_AZ
    Cristy_AZ Posts: 986
    Options
    I'm almost always barefoot including when I workout, I always think I SHOULD wear shoes, especially for the jump training parts... but I don't, so far I'm ok :)
  • midmomike2
    Options
    I think it depends on the type workout you're doin. If it involves a lot of jumping (plyometrics for example) I where a good pair of crosstrainers.
  • Mtymouse82
    Options
    Pilates and yoga I do barefoot...but anything else I have to wear shoes or my arches try to murder me.
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    I wear my shoes I Just feel more supported.
  • indigochilds
    indigochilds Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I do it barefoot... Got to since I'm in an apartment with squeaky floors. But if I didnt, i always did it barefoot
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Barefoot on the Wii board, slippers with rubber soles otherwise, shoes when I go outside. With the wood floors we dicided when we moved in that we wouldn't wear shoes in the house.
  • Wolverine2011
    Options
    Depends on the excercise...cardio barefoot make your work harder and can improve your balance and reflexs...if im doing weight training of any sort id recommend footwear as stability and correct posture is vital lifting weights..good footing enable you to focus more on the the areas your working and keeping ur core tight aposed training to stay on your feet etc etc :)
  • Cuddles2523
    Cuddles2523 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    At home I almost always exercise barefoot :)
  • RebeccaM2386
    Options
    It depends on how I feel that day
  • kylielouttit
    kylielouttit Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I have inside runners that I wear when I work out, they stay clean and my feet are properly supported. I work out in the family room, which has carpet. It's better than injuring myself and wishing I had worn shoes all along!
  • Fineraziel
    Options
    I never wear shoes, but I do wear good sport socks. Plus, my entire living room is covered of "a big rubber puzzle" (first purpose was for my kids so they dont hurt when they fall and do less noise when playing with toys, but actually its very soft on the feet when I jump and do cardio exercising! ;D).
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    If you like that barefoot feel but want something on your feet, check out Vibram Fivefingers. Not cheap but very nice shoes.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Sneakers & my carpet don't mix. I've tried. So bare feet for me. If u are worrying about flat feet you can bandage your arch or you can work out on your tip toes like I do. Well that is if you have plush carpet. You don't want to hurt the balls of your feet.
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Barefoot every time!