Amino Energy

Options
I've been using ON Amino Energy to stay awake at work (around 2pm) and it lasts through my workout at 4pm. But the thought of putting those chemicals in my body everyday is kind of upsetting me. Sometimes almonds will help me get through the afternoon, but I hate eating them when I'm not hungry. I just need something to wake me up when I start falling asleep at my desk! :yawn:

So I'm looking for your thoughts on Amino Energy and/or a source of energy for the afternoon.

P.S. I don't like coffee.

Replies

• 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I got it free once and it was okay. Wouldn't buy it though, I'd rather have coffee. Amino energy :laugh: think there's something like 3g protein in there!!

If you're looking for a workout drink, I just add coffee to my whey - if it's something to keep you alert at work, coffee or red bull or even better sleep and proper nutrition (haven't looked at your diary but you'd be better of finding out why you're tired rather than relying on energy drinks).
  • bohoT
    bohoT Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I use ON Amino Energy for long workouts, practices, and games. It is chemical heavy, but, comparable products are just as bad. Coffee or energy drinks make me too jittery before exercise.

If it is just to stay awake at work I probably just get an iced tea and a B vitamin. Are you getting enough sleep? Do you just have a very boring job?
  • Chrisparadise579
    Chrisparadise579 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Amino Energy is actually one of the safest preworkouts out there. It mainly uses amino acids to improve performance which are just components of protein. For caffeine it uses green tea and green coffee bean extracts which are also natural. There is no harm in continuing to use them. Also dont drink a protein shake as a workouut or preworkout drink, it really wont help much and your body wont eve digest that protein until the workout is over, save the protein for meals and post workout.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    oh my god, the chemicals!

It's fine.

My only issue with it, is that I just ran out.
  • jmt08c
    jmt08c Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I've been using ON Amino Energy to stay awake at work (around 2pm) and it lasts through my workout at 4pm. But the thought of putting those chemicals in my body everyday is kind of upsetting me. Sometimes almonds will help me get through the afternoon, but I hate eating them when I'm not hungry. I just need something to wake me up when I start falling asleep at my desk! :yawn:

So I'm looking for your thoughts on Amino Energy and/or a source of energy for the afternoon.

What "chemicals" are you talking about? The amino acids? Those are the precursors to protein synthesis. Load me up with those "chemicals" if that's the case.
  • GameGirl777
    GameGirl777 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I use ON Amino Energy for long workouts, practices, and games. It is chemical heavy, but, comparable products are just as bad. Coffee or energy drinks make me too jittery before exercise.

If it is just to stay awake at work I probably just get an iced tea and a B vitamin. Are you getting enough sleep? Do you just have a very boring job?

I think I'm getting enough sleep; I go to bed around 10pm and wake up around 6am. I just have a boring desk job staring at a computer all day :ohwell: and it always seems around 2 or 3 pm that my body shuts down.
  • GameGirl777
    GameGirl777 Posts: 60 Member
    Options

What "chemicals" are you talking about? The amino acids? Those are the precursors to protein synthesis. Load me up with those "chemicals" if that's the case.

Not the animo acids or the caffeine blend. On the label, under "other ingredients".... Malic acid? silicon dioxide? cellulose and xanthan gum? lecithin? inulin? ect..
  • Basilin
    Basilin Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I've noticed if I stay hydrated, get enough sleep at night, eat regularly (a healthy/filling breakfast in morning when hungry and no big meals at lunch), and move around through the day (taking a five minute break to walk around every couple hours if at a desk job) it can keep me from getting that afternoon sleepiness. Not drinking enough water before afternoon I've read and observe personally can really cause a nose-dive around 2 - 3 pm. Try water first if you suddenly feel sleepy and see if that improves anything, as you might be dehydrated (and drink more earlier in the morning). It'd be much better to find out the cause of the sleepiness and do things to remedy it than looking for quick fix "uppers" through food or supplements; however, that is only a suggestion as every situation is different!