anyone tried nerd fitness?

Options
I read an article about Nerd Fitness and checked out their site. It looks pretty shiny. Even with their money back guarantee, I don't want to drop money on something that's basic knowledge or not helpful. Anyone tried it?

Replies

• pander101
    pander101 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    It's all stuff you can do on your own. You would be wasting your money.
  • independant2406
    independant2406 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I've just been doing some of the free (body weight) exercises from Nerd Fitness for now. Definitely sore afterwards!!. :) I'd start with those and some of the other free ones first. Generally I find I can gather good exercises from the internet and develop my own workout plan and enter it here on MFP.

Good Luck!
  • cheripugh1
    cheripugh1 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I read an article about Nerd Fitness and checked out their site. It looks pretty shiny. Even with their money back guarantee, I don't want to drop money on something that's basic knowledge or not helpful. Anyone tried it?

Some need to workout with a person or group that has a set program if that is you, then it's worth the money. Anything and I mean anything you want to work on, you can find a FREE youtube to show you how, just google it for example I have physical limits so I can google sit ups while standing and bam!
  • Mauthos
    Mauthos Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    To be fair I signed up to their free email newsletter and it does have some good stuff and links to healthy recipes and free work outs. These I have found to be very useful, but I wouldn't drop any cash on it as most of the stuff you can work out for yourself with a bit of research and google-fu.
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    I used the body weight strength training program for beginners before I got my barbell/weights. I never paid a dime.
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I like the site. The blogs are often good, and the forum, while not as active as this, has lots of helpful people. You can start a challenge thread there for a 6 week challenge, set your own goals, and people will cheer you on. There's good free stuff there, I'd start with that. Nothing wrong with paying for a program if you need it, though. Fitnessblender is another really good resource that's mostly free. (They charge for specific programs putting their videos together in a package for you, but they have a zillion free videos.)
  • floweredsteel
    floweredsteel Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info everyone. It doesn't sound as cool as I had imagined it in my mind. I thought it would be more video game/comic book oriented, more fun. Imagine a Mario Brothers Workout: Sprint, Jump Jump Jump, Punch, Slide, Woohoo! Shiny new levels of fitness, nutrition, and mental stamina to conquer at every turn. Alas, 'tis not to be.
  • shabaity
    shabaity Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    Go in and read some of the older blogs the Zelda work out is fun if your in good enough shape. Frankly I can't even do beginner body weight due to circumstances beyond my control.
  • floweredsteel
    floweredsteel Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Go in and read some of the older blogs the Zelda work out is fun if your in good enough shape. Frankly I can't even do beginner body weight due to circumstances beyond my control.

I didnt think to look there. Now that I have, I have found qite a few workouts that are inspired by everything from LOTR to TMNT. I will give the a try next week. Thanks shabaity!
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options

I am sensing, I am sensing... A Firefly lover among us.
  • shabaity
    shabaity Posts: 791 Member
    Options

I didnt think to look there. Now that I have, I have found qite a few workouts that are inspired by everything from LOTR to TMNT. I will give the a try next week. Thanks shabaity!
    No problem. And welcome to the rebellion.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    nerd fitness is what got me started. the blogs were very motivating, and the work outs were cool and different.

i never did his program, but if it motivates you, try it out!
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I googled it and read part of an article. I guess it was an article. Sounded more like a temper tantrum. The author said I misuse the word "literally", which I do not. He'd like to ban the word.

If you join and say you want to tone up, he may start stomping his feet and yelling "Don't say that!" He doesn't like the word "tone". "Core" is okay, though. You can use that word. Just be sure to learn which words the guy can hear without throwing himself on the ground, kicking and screaming.

He needs to get a grip, lol.

I wouldn't pay for it, but if it works for others, that's great.
  • gotolam
    gotolam Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I googled it and read part of an article. I guess it was an article. Sounded more like a temper tantrum. The author said I misuse the word "literally", which I do not. He'd like to ban the word.

If you join and say you want to tone up, he may start stomping his feet and yelling "Don't say that!" He doesn't like the word "tone". "Core" is okay, though. You can use that word. Just be sure to learn which words the guy can hear without throwing himself on the ground, kicking and screaming.

He needs to get a grip, lol.

I wouldn't pay for it, but if it works for others, that's great.

Yea, because that never happens on MFP.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options

tumblr_inline_n9xsuo1M8h1swemv7.gif
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options

tumblr_inline_n9xsuo1M8h1swemv7.gif

Tee hee hee