Jillian Michael's Banish Fat Boost Metabolism

Options
EniBee
EniBee Posts: 274 Member
I have just started the Jillian Michael's Banish Fat Boost Metabolism DVD. It is a 55 minute workout (maybe 50 after all her talking!). I find that it is a combination of the 30 Day Shred, but more intensive. Has anyone done it, still doing it, and what were you results?

EniBee

Replies

• mum2candd
    mum2candd Posts: 37
    Options
    HI there

I am doing it as well, only recently started but am enjoying it. The workout is hard and has me sweating buckets as with all Jillian's DVD's. Feel great afterwards tho! I do a combination of this and her No More Trouble Zones which isn't as high cardio, more toning.
  • Katy_V
    Katy_V Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I did BFBM for the first time last night too! Yes I was a bit of a sweaty mess but really enjoyed the kickboxing moves and found it went quickly. I do prefer No More Trouble Zones though, I think it's a more interesting variety of moves.

I think I'll work it into my routine, what about you guys?
  • EniBee
    Options
    Hi All,

I think that the common thread is sweat, sweat and more sweat!

I did the 30DS and I think that I built muscle and did not lose weight. So, I am trying the BFBM. I have not heard of No More Trouble Zones, so will also try to work that into my routine.

Thanks for all your comments.
  • Katy_V
    Options
    I did 30DS too and didn't lose a pound but did feel a difference in my abs.

Yes I didn't expect to enjoy BFBM as I am not so into aerobics but I did get a good workout. Though I'm not sure my downstairs neighbours enjoyed the jumping moves :laugh:

NMTZ is the same 6 minute circuit structure but is more calisthenics (pushups, sit ups etc).

Are you doing any other training/workout DVDs EniBee?
  • katieuk
    katieuk Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I did BFBM alongside the No More Trouble Zones DVD (alternate days) and I got fab results... especially in my abs !!

I have a big selection of at home workout DVDS and I always go back to Jillian Michaels she gets results... I have a number of her workout DVDs and I would say my top 4 are:
    1) BFBM
    2) NMTZ
    3) Killer Buns & Thighs
    4) 30 Day Shred

Keep going she will get you results.
  • EniBee
    Options
    I did 30DS too and didn't lose a pound but did feel a difference in my abs.

Yes I didn't expect to enjoy BFBM as I am not so into aerobics but I did get a good workout. Though I'm not sure my downstairs neighbours enjoyed the jumping moves :laugh:

NMTZ is the same 6 minute circuit structure but is more calisthenics (pushups, sit ups etc).

Are you doing any other training/workout DVDs EniBee?

Just Zumba Fitness, although I was thinking of starting Insane Abs. I have not built up the courage yet!
  • EniBee
    Options
    I did BFBM alongside the No More Trouble Zones DVD (alternate days) and I got fab results... especially in my abs !!

I have a big selection of at home workout DVDS and I always go back to Jillian Michaels she gets results... I have a number of her workout DVDs and I would say my top 4 are:
    1) BFBM
    2) NMTZ
    3) Killer Buns & Thighs
    4) 30 Day Shred

Ok. Thx
  • Katy_V
    Options

1) BFBM
    2) NMTZ
    3) Killer Buns & Thighs
    4) 30 Day Shred

Ooh is Killer Buns & Thighs good?

I do love Jillian's DVDs. My sister swears by Davina McCall though...
  • demarii06
    demarii06 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I'm in the middle of it now! So I can't tell I results but I will suffer through it with u just like 30 day shred
  • clairecandoit11
    clairecandoit11 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I have it too and love it!! Definitely makes you sweat!! I haven't been doing it religously yet (like I should) but I plan to! Hoping for some great results to look good in my wedding dress!!!
  • kri1977
    kri1977 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I did BFBM first time last night and it kicked my butt :)

I have done 30DS and RI30D last months but this was longer and all cardio so I was sweating so much at the end en exhausted :)

I use this for cardio on the days I overeat or if I cannot go running :)

On the other days I do 6W6P or Shred it with Weights.

Have aso KB&T but have not tried it yet :)

SHE IS AWESOME :)

K
  • rajathwalharris
    Options
    Hey There, yes I have done this one before, it's very good...if you alternate with the 30 day shred, you can see results in little as a week or two (along with a sensible diet of course)...the fat banishing cardio one is more cardio intense and great for overall calorie burn where as the 30 day shred, adds more strength training along with cardio, making it more of an interval workout, which is also very good.

Also, as another post mentioned try her "no more trouble zones" dvd, but it's very good as well.....it targets and tones your legs, butt and thighs....really awesome...(targets all those most dreaded zones...lol)

Alternating her dvds is a very good way to see great results....as you are shocking your body and your body doesn't have a chance to get used to the exercises....therefore you see changes fast.....

Good Luck, and please let me know how you are doing!

Raj
  • beckymlong
    beckymlong Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    she is amazing, I an trying a couple of her dvds shred and six week six pack, amazing, hard, but worth it, I do something five times a week and include lots of fat burning cardio and light weights this has results
  • syildiri
    syildiri Posts: 1
    Options
    I`ve started BFBM 15 days ago, I definitely see the results. I am on a diet (not a strict one) for the last one month and I have lost 5 pounds. Nowadays I hit the weight plateau and the scale does not show any good results. However, I can see how my body is changing with this workout. The first day I felt really dizzy, but I continued. I had some recovery/lazy days. Since I saw the change in my body, I`ve started to believe more that this will work.

I have not tried that kind of an exercise before. I was only walking or swimming. I feel like I am saving time. I do not have to go to gym or to the swimming pool.
    With this workout after 55 minutes I am in full sweat. I really feel good, relaxed, and fit rather than being tired. Although I hate circuits 3 and 6, I have realized that I am keeping up with the moves after 15 days. Just try.
  • debraran1
    debraran1 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I like this DVD more than 30DS because it is all cardio and a bit longer. At first I thought because I would have trouble (because of knees) with jump squats, etc. I couldn't do it, but that is a small part and I do something else to keep my heart rate up until that is done.
    You really do sweat and so many of her DVD's have weight components, I'm glad this one didn't. It helped me get over a bump and I'm going to try using it more consistently to keep a plateau at bay.
  • Nevergiveup008
    Options
    My first time doing this video was about 2 days ago. I couldn't get passed 17 minutes of it. I waited a day because my thighs were SOOOO SORE. Then, today I attempted it again and made it to 26 minutes. Anyone else have trouble getting through this workout?