Whats is your lunch box ?

Options
Ok Im trying to get some ideas of what everyone packs (if they pack) for lunch for work.

Please let me know of your breakfast items snacks and lunch items.

Thanks!!!

Replies

• dwarfiegodsmack
    dwarfiegodsmack Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    hi :o)

my diary is open if you want to take a look. i pretty much eat the same breakfast, lunch and snacks each day and my suppers vary.

you'll see that i have choclate and ice cream most days lol
  • yankeedownsouth
    yankeedownsouth Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Today was sloppy joes on a piece of toast, lettuce with avocado and yogurt dressing, and a pear.

I usually try to eat leftovers for lunch; they satisfy me more than cold sandwiches or pre-packaged things.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I pack lunch and snacks (sometimes breakfast) - current choices are:

Lunch: sandwich made with cinnamon raisin bagel thin, some sort of lean deli meat (loving pastrami at the moment), a slice of pepperjack. Paired with an apple or some baby dills or cucumber slices. Once in a while I just pack leftovers from last night.

Snacks: Pure Protein chocolate peanut butter bar, banana, greek yogurt, 100 cal pack of cocoa or cinnamon roast almonds

If I pack breakfast, it's either baked egg cups, breakfast casserole or steel cut oats that I cook up in the crockpot
  • meridianova
    meridianova Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    i keep lettuce, mayo, mustard, shredded rotisserie chicken or sliced chicken/turkey, and sliced cheese in the fridge at work. one of these days i want to try the mason jar salad thing, but that requires motivation on the weekends.
  • formerfatboy1
    formerfatboy1 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    07:30- 2 scoops cinnamon whey protein with 1 cup of coconut mik and a cup of black coffee w/ Multi vitamins..
    10:30-More black coffee with a cup of vanilla Frap some Branch chain amino acids and some peanut butter.
    1:30-113 grams of Lean ground turkey with a cup of broccoli and some fish oils and CLA's w/ whey protein.
    4:30-113 grams of lean ground turkey 1 cup of broccoli and more fish oil and CLA'S.
    7:30-More protein and some Greek yogurt and more peanut butter.
    then fast for 12 hours till the following day.
  • engodwin
    engodwin Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Breakfast - cereal, eggs, cin toast, bagel with cream cheese, lara bar
    AM Snack - Fruit, yogurt
    Lunch - Sandwich, leftovers, salad
    PM Snack - Lara bar, fruit, yogurt, seeds/nuts, protein shake

Obviously not all in one day those are just samples of what I may have.

You can add me as a friend if you'd like my diary is open to my friends :smile:

I like constructive criticism, and positivity!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,491 Member
    Options
    Today it's 4oz of deli turkey breast, a string cheese, mayo/dijon mustard for dipping.
  • sbjmorgan
    sbjmorgan Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I prepack my food even though I'm at home all day because it helps me stay on track.

Sometimes it's a Greek salad with tuna and a sweet potato on the side, sometimes it's a turkey sandwich with chips and carrots, sometimes it's a stir fry. Today is stir fry with chicken, snow peas and broccoli, with some chips and salsa because I need to get rid of the chips and it's grocery day tomorrow, lol. But I stick with those three lunches a lot, unless I have tastier leftovers like tacos, then tacos win.
  • Jg04811
    Jg04811 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    This week I have been stuck on salad and soup.

Breakfast: packet of oatmeal/fruit
    Lunch: salad and soup (usually progesso light's) (salads are a mix of greens, no salt sunflower seeds, little light ranch and any veggies I have around the house)
    Snack: fiber one cookie and or sugar free pudding cup
    Dinner: usually a veggie and a protein
    Snack: only if I have calories left for the day a fruit pop (fruitara)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,871 Member
    Options
    I cook a big pot of beans on the weekends...either black beans or pintos and they are a staple of my lunches along with 1/2 an avocado, some kind of veg and some kind of meat protein (generally whatever I grilled up the night before as I usually make extra)

I do sandwiches once or twice per week to mix things up...
  • rachelrb85
    rachelrb85 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: English muffin with peanut butter, english muffin with egg and cheese, toast with fruit, cereal or oatmeal
    Lunch: Leftovers, sandwich (turkey, tuna, PB&J ), salad with chicken or steak tips
    Snacks: Fruit, almonds, string cheese, greek yogurt, protein shakes or bars
  • MeganDominique
    MeganDominique Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Today it is soup, woke up to snow this morning :indifferent:

Normally if I am home its : 1 ww wrap (100 cals) with lunch meat of choice (this week turkey) + 2 fried or poached eggs and a side of veggies :)

On the go : leftovers from dinner, soup from the crockpot if possible so just need to reheat, turkey or chicken breast + hardboiled egg, apple + celery with peanut butter, garden salad, ceaser chicken salad( home made) , mixed veggies, fruit salads , turkey sammich.

Really I just love food, if im not at home its going to be something different every day :)
  • cuckoo_jenibeth
    cuckoo_jenibeth Posts: 1,434 Member
    Options
    I, like a lot of others here, eat leftovers mostly. However, today is 2 oz shaved deli meat, 1 light string cheese, dippin' stix carrots and ranch, red grapes and a sugar free pudding cup! All for the low, low kcal count of 312!
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    My diary is open so take a look if you'd like.

My breakfast normally consists of eggs, toast and peanut butter but I have been getting up late the past week so I am only having my toast.

My lunch is usually some kind of salad. Spinach with leftover taco beat and beans or chicken. I usually use salsa as my dressing. Sometimes depending on what I have at home I will make chicken salad to have with fruit. Mine mainly consists on what I have leftover on top of spinach!!

Look through my diary though and maybe you can get a few new ideas.
  • lenarashminraj
    lenarashminraj Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    today, turkey sandwich with 4oz grilled turkey on 100% wheat bread with onion and tomatoes with ranch dressing.. my diary is open, you can have a look :)
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    Hi! Here's today so far which is a pretty average day for me:

Breakfast at home (after 4 mile run):
    Oatmeal made with 1/2 cup quick oats, 1 cup unsweetened coconut/almond milk blend, 1 tbsp or so each of raisins and brown sugar and a ton of cinnamon. Coffee with natural bliss cream. I also have a giant bottle of water with a Nuun electrolyte tab in it after running. (about 350 cals)

The rest I take to work:
    Mid-morning snack: Perfectly Simple Oatmeal Chocolate Chip protein bar. I literally eat this 5 days a week. It's so good. (170 cals)

Lunch: Starkist tuna salad packet and 7 Roasted Veggie flavored Ritz crackers, 3/4 cup leftover mashed butternut squash with a little butter and cinnamon, 1/2 red bell pepper dipped in a Sabra individual hummus cup. (about 420 cals)

Mid-afternoon snack: Fage 2% strawberry greek yogurt. I might also have an apple and/or cheese as well since I'm already wanting my snack and I finished lunch an hour ago. :) (about 200-250 cals depending)

Dinner will probably be homemade shrimp and veggie stirfry with brown rice...and I never forget dessert!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I eat breakfast at home and usually lunch at home too. Today my lunch was totally "packable" though...a PB&J on wheat and some baby carrots.

Yesterday's lunch was not quite so lunchbox friendly...a salad with tuna, almonds, and 1/2 apple chopped up on top and then a whole banana mixed with some nutella spread to create a sort of "choc-hazelnut pudding"...kind of a gross texture but makes up for it completely...by being delicious.

When I DO pack a lunch to take to work it's usually due to bad weather in the dead of winter. I live close to my office but I refuse to drive on ice so I just stay in for lunch break...normally I pack a ton of snacks and eat them all at once while reading a book alone in our tiny lunch room. An example would be hummus, sno peas & carrots or celery, a few crackers, cheese wedge or string cheese, fruit, and a square of chocolate. Things that are easy to eat while holding a book, and to pack away if I get full and DO wanna snack later.
  • jeffd247
    jeffd247 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I pack the same thing every day and just eat the food whenever I get hungry. I don't eat it all at once. I usually eat the bars and one of the apples around 9AM because I'm hungry then and then will eat the rest of it whenever "lunch" happens.

- 2 Apples ~calories depend on the size
    - Yoplait Light and Fit Yogurt of some flavor ~ 90 calories
    - CLif Kidz Iced Oatmeal Bar ~150 calores
    - Pure Protein Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Bar ~220 calories
    - Morningstar Garden Veggie Patty. ~ 170 calories

Some times I change it up and switch one of the apples out of 10-15 almonds. I'll also add two peices of wheat bread and a Laughing Cow Lite Creamy Swiss wedge if I feel like making a sandwich out of the veggie burger.
  • trimom10
    trimom10 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I'm following a high protein diet with lots of veggies, which requires advance planning and prep. It's soooo worth it though!

Breakfast: I keep eggs at work and bring the rest for an egg scramble each day - two or three eggs, sweet red and green peppers, mushrooms, kale, ham or chicken or salmon, and avocado (sometimes)

Lunch: lean protein (skinless, boneless chicken breast, salmon, tuna, or shrimp) and two veggies (think a rainbow of colors) or salad (always made with spinach or mixed greens, never iceberg)
  • markja
    markja Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup Ranch Style Beans
    3 oz beef
    3 tortillas

Ya know, you can actually live off of Ranch Style Beans.