Have 50+ lbs to Lose? Add Me and We Can Do this Together!

Options
My husband and I are trying to lose weight and be healthier together. We were just married in August. Unlike some brides, I didn't try to lose a couple sizes before our wedding. He fell in love with me at the size I am; however, the weight I lost years ago has been creeping back on. We want to be healthier together. My goal is to lose about 80 pounds overall. I personally felt the healthiest at about a size 14. I can't really see that goal yet. It's too far off. My short term goal is to be a sz. 22 again. I left that size behind last year.

I have an apple shaped body, if you're familiar with that term. I see all these new halter top looks for plus sized women and I don't have the belly for that. Plus sized fashion is finally moving forward and embracing curves. I want my curves back in the right proportions so I can rock those looks out!

I've always been confident about my body and my main goal for weight loss is not fashion. It'll just be satisfying to buy some of those cute styles. I want to feel healthy again. I want to have another child but I had gestational diabetes with my first and only child. It will most likely come back. The only way to stop diabetes from being a concern is to take weight off and keep it off.

It's hard, especially during high stress days, to make healthy choices and be "good." Looking to chat about tips, tricks, new healthified recipes that are great, etc. Looking to lend support toward your goals and receive feedback on mine.

Replies

• Chrissy6302
    Chrissy6302 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Welcome and Good luck. I started about 3 weeks ago and i found the first week to be hardest. I planned out my meals in advance so it was easier to shop only for what i needed. And since this is not a diet for me..I call it a lifestyle change or improvement, my fiance gets to do it as well and its been easy.

Oh trust me do I wish the weight would fall off overnight..Of Course but it takes dedication and work. I have yet to have a cheat day or a no exercise day becasue i am afraid if i take a day off, i will take 2 or 3 then.
  • MelanieRBrace
    MelanieRBrace Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I have 60 pounds to lose! I started MFP last week and have found this site super motivating! I wish you all the best and feel free to add me for support!
  • anorien1
    Options
    I have about 50 lbs to lose.
    I've been up & down with my weight all my life so I can say "I know better" but, just because I know better doesn't mean I'm doing what I should!
  • christashay
    christashay Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your new marriage and the decision to get healthy together! That is awesome. Working with a partner is a great bonus! Feel free to add me, anyone,- I'm a good cheerleader! I've got the working out part down to a T. But I'm hanging out here to get my nutrition locked down.
  • LyndseyGarber
    LyndseyGarber Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I too have 80 pounds to lose, my healthy pant size is around 10-12. I also had gestational diabetes (really severe) and want future kiddo's but REFUSE until I get my weight under control! Good luck!
  • dexlyn813
    dexlyn813 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I have 50 to lose. Add me!
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP! I just got married in May and didn't focus on losing weight for the wedding either (my husband met and we fell in love at our respective weights) and I am trying to get healthy now as well. And I am always looking for new friends on MFP :)
  • sheliavassar
    sheliavassar Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Please add me. I want to lose 90 lbs
  • Piperx222
    Piperx222 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I've been on here a few months and the support really helps! I still have about 70 I would like to lose.

Anyone can feel free to add me. We're all in this together :)
  • gemini6149
    Options
    Congrats on the wedding! I have about 128 pounds to lose to get to my 'goal" of 180. That number has always been my goal but I might get to 200 and feel fine at that number. So this goal is not written in stone but i def need to lose at least 50-80 pounds to be healthier. My blood pressure on yesterday was 208/120. I have got to get this under control. No more starting and stopping. Good luck. We can do this!
  • karicatastrophic
    karicatastrophic Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I want to lose 50-70 you guys can add me too!
  • Gen216
    Gen216 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm going to add you guys - I have set 52 lbs as my first goal and it's daunting but I love this site and the motivation you can get here! I only found this site 4 days ago - I wish I had found it years ago!!

I would love to give and get support on this long journey!!
  • sarieth05
    sarieth05 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Anyone can feel free to add me! I have quite a bit of weight to lose still and love seeing people's progress.
  • snorkjuice
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Let's do this!
  • KMW1219
    KMW1219 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I have about 100 to lose! You can add me too :) Im in need of some friends as well!
  • mandykay87
    mandykay87 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Add me! Everyone!
  • jennyjoliver
    Options
    good luck!!! im right there with you and hoping to lose about the 50 lbs number