Hello Fellow Calorie Counters

Options
Hi, I have used this site in the past, but have never posted anything before. I read a book when I was on vacation, which brought me back to the concept of calorie counting being the best way to lose weight. The premise was that choosing the number of calories it takes to maintain your goal weight is the amount of calories that should be eaten today and every day. Yo-yo dieting is eliminated this way. In other words, to eat like skinny people eat. I am lucky that I don't have a ton of weight to lose, but mentally, I have felt fat since I was 12 and I'm 51! I feel motivated and hopeful for the first time in a long time that I can achieve my goal AND maintain it. Let's face it: the fear of gaining weight back is a huge obstacle to losing it in the first place. Agree? Anyway, I look forward to dialoguing with fellow "pals".

Replies

• catofisis
    Options
    Hey lknight, good luck with your goals. I agree that fear of gaining weight back is an obstacle, I get that defeatist voice in my head too...a little voice that always looks for excuses not to start making healthy choices. I think the only time I have felt "thin" is when I was hungry and had lost water weight - not really a good approach. I would love to feel great AFTER eating. We will get there!
    Cat