Smoothies

Options
Has anyone made one with Greek yogurt,almond milk and strawberries???? I wanna know how it tastes .. thank u....

Replies

• imperfectlyhere
    Options
    I love greek yogurt and almond milk:) its less sweet tasting than if you use juice but I still love them...
  • LiveLife73
    Options
    i was kind of unsure about the almond milk.. since its soy... i never tasted it before..
  • c7eat2live
    c7eat2live Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Almond milk is not soy. its almonds!! and its yummy :) watch out for the sweetened kind though, the original unsweetened is sweet enough on its own I think.
  • LiveLife73
    Options
    thank u ... c7eat2live.. i was reading it wrong... it is not a soy product...
  • chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    How many calories are in the smoothies you guys are talking about? I haven't made a smoothie in a very long time (no blender), but then it was an ice-cream one so it really wasn't healthy.
  • rachelily
    rachelily Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend almond milk - I don't like the taste of soy or hemp milk because of that "grassy" flavor it has, but almond milk doesn't have that at all. It's the only one I'll drink plain! (like, not mixed with stuff)

I like to make green smoothies, with spinach, almond milk, frozen berries, ground flax seed, a little cool whip (the fat free kind with 3 g carbs) and half a banana. It ends up being like a little meal, around 220 calories total. Filling and tasty!
  • Aspynmom
    Aspynmom Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I just bought the Silk Vanilla Almond Milk to make my Shakeology shakes with....I really like it!!! I also made my oatmeal with it one morning and was impressed...I wouldn't call it "sweet," but I didn't add any sugar and it was still good.
  • 1fiercebutterfly
    1fiercebutterfly Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    All of my breakfast smoothie contain a handfull of spinach, handful of strawberries protien powder flaxseed and a flavored fish oil almond milk and 2 tablespoons of Greek yogurt
    It's a perfect meal of protein fiber good fats and complex carbs
    Tastes like a strawberry malt
  • chrysnel
    Options
    I love Almond Breeze Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk - only 40 calories per cup and it's really, really good! If you're used to having a lot of sugar or sweetener it may seem a bit bland at first, but once you cut down on the added sugar you can really taste the almond and vanilla flavour! I use it in pretty much everything, from coffee and smoothies to oatmeal and any kind of cooking that calls for milk or soy milk, and of course, plain in a glass :happy:

As for the greek yogurt, almond milk, strawberry mix - that sounds fabulous! I would use frozen strawberries and add a handful of spinach as well - seriously - you can't even taste it and it adds all kinds of wonderful nutrients!