A Love Letter to Jillian Michaels/30 Day Shred

Options
I just read this and it perfectly encapsulates everything I feel about the 30DS, esp. when the writer says she got motivated to start after reading about it on MFP. :smile:

And I agree when she says that The Biggest Loser is Jillian at her worst. Does anyone else see BL Jillian and 30DS Jillian as two different people?

"Jillian Michaels transformed my relationship with exercise. She changed how I feel about working out, made me question what I thought my body was capable of, and got me into shape in a way that years of running, crash dieting and membership at every gym in Manhattan did not." :heart: :heart:

http://www.cafe.com/r/d976c5c8-3d16-46d9-ad0e-c1a4ab5c6c8d/1/why-i-love-jillian-michaels-and-you-should-too

Replies

• fobs13
    fobs13 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    I bought this dvd but have yet to use it. Must give it a bash.
  • DahliaAnne
    DahliaAnne Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I really love it. I am not sure if her other DVDs are as good.
  • engodwin
    engodwin Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I have 10 (prob more) JM workout DVDs - I really like them/her. I don't watch a lot of TV and the only bits I've seen from BL haven't really been horrible, IMHO.... I like her. Just like most things some videos/programs are better than others.
  • DahliaAnne
    Options
    I like her too! I guess there are people out there who say she's too mean. If I could motivated MYSELF to work out I wouldn't need a trainer to yell at me! She seems a lot more down to earth than the other new trainers this season.
  • jennifurla
    Options
    I do the 30 day shred all the time, especially if pressed for time - or just combine it with a nice walk. It's great.
  • DahliaAnne
    Options
    I do the 30 day shred all the time, especially if pressed for time - or just combine it with a nice walk. It's great.

Do you see results if you don't do it for the full 30 day program?
  • zeal26
    zeal26 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I love the 30 Day Shred workouts. I really never did the whole 30 days in a row thing, but I've been doing them since January (combined with Fitness blender workouts on Youtube) and they've really helped my fitness!
  • JGT2004
    JGT2004 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Just an FYI on the "30 Day" Shred. I've been told that she doesn't really encourage you to do it for 30 days straight. But suggests you do it 3 days a week with breaks (ie do it Mon, Wed, Fri) but for 30 days of working out. This makes it take 10 weeks instead of a month and I would suggest doing cardio on the non-JM days :wink: I personally would do 30 Day Shred MWF and then her Killer Buns & Thighs Tue & Thur and then outdoor walk/run/bike on weekends.

Note that this was when I was working out over a year ago and I haven't gotten back to this routine yet.
  • lolly715
    lolly715 Posts: 106
    Options
    I have pretty much every one of Jillian's DVDs. Try Ripped in 30, same format and she's still tough but you definitely see a softer and funnier side - I still laugh in a few places every time!

Doing Body Revolution at the moment. That's definitely pushing my limits even after a lot of JM!