Post-baby belly blues

Options
I am finally just shy of my weight before I got pregnant with my daughter and my body shape is completely different! I used to be an hour glass and now I am an apple. Too small pants wouldn't come up over my thighs and butt but now my pants are loose in the thigh and butt and tight at the waist band. Is this how things are and I just need to get used to it??? Will it go away if I lose enough weight? My core is stronger than it ever has been in my life so that is not the problem. I do my physical therapy excecises daily plus PT 2x a week and pilates reformer. Any mommies out there who have had this problem?? I wouldn't trade my daughter in for all the flat bellies in the world but I am despairing that I am never going to be hot again.

Replies

• Screwedntattooed
    Screwedntattooed Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I have 6 children, have hope and lift heavy
  • rachelrb85
    rachelrb85 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I hear you, my body composition completely changed post-baby. Even though I was the same weight pre-pregnancy, I had so much extra weight in my belly. I've added heavy lifting strength training in addition to a calorie deficit and am just starting to feel like I have a better core than I did before.

This is the best advice you'll see on this topic
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1161603-so-you-want-a-nice-stomach
  • Ademann1
    Ademann1 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    You have come so far! Look at all the good habits you have!

Having a baby can change stuff. But so can working out. There are some amazing threads on here with pictures of women who look great after baby. I don't know if you'll ever be exactly the same as before, there are so many factors.

I had a roommate in college who, in preparation for her wedding, did a zillion crunches every day for about 3 weeks. Well, she went in for her next dress fitting and her belly had gained inches! Her dress was too tight. Now, there are many factors besides just the crunches, but when you say your core is super strong, maybe you gained some muscle without losing fat and that added to the apple effect? Just an idea.
  • saracantthink
    saracantthink Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Congrats on losing the baby weight! I still have two babies worth of weight to lose. I hope things all go back eventually, I had big hips to begin with!
  • mtnstar
    mtnstar Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I have 3 kids, and took me over a year after #3 to lose the belly and muffin top! The belly is still *different* but it keeps getting better and better almost 2 years later. I had to get my weight a bit lower than before pregnancy to lost the belly fat.

Don't give up! :flowerforyou: