Where nobody knows your name

Options
2»

Replies

• redscylla
    redscylla Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    That is a really cool NSV! Thank you for sharing it :-)

Most of the places I used to haunt have closed down in my area (like Blimpie and Mr Goodcents), or were destroyed in a tornado. I really never had what I'd refer to as a binge eating issue -- but there was a time 7-8 yrs ago when I worked in an office alone and at least twice per week, when I would fax in my order for lunch delivery to Mr Goodcents it was a footlong sub with mayo & cheese, 1-2 huge cookies and a Diet Coke. The owners knew me by that order so if it was still in business they would be surprised to see me now I'm sure especially with my order of a half sub w/ tons of veggies and either no cookie or splitting a cookie with my husband.

Oh and Starbucks. We broke up ;-P I used to have a personalized gold card I would reload frequently, and a penchant for white chocolate mochas on my way home from work several times a week. I cut up my gold card and have been to Starbucks just twice in the past year and a half.

Last night I went to my new favorite coffee shop with a friend...I always order a huge cold brew, black. Last night I had saved up enough calories to get a special mocha they're doing for Oct to benefit breast cancer awareness charities. I ordered and the barista was so surprised, and she told me so...LOL

WOW! A tornado? The universe really wanted you to stop going to some of those places. :wink: I tell you, there have been some times when I wished a tornado would intervene between me and my food. Congrats on giving up those old habits. I wish I could drink black coffee, but I just can't. So I had to give it up altogether.
  • username301
    username301 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Dominos pizza called us a couple of weeks ago. They hadn't heard from me in ages and just wanted to check we were ok.
  • watchhillgirl
    watchhillgirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Just wait until you get the " hey do I know you" after you have lost the weight.

My reply was .....Yes Mom you know me

I love this!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Oh, I just love those blank stares when I say "Hi" to people I've known for years....... makes me feel like kicking my heels up in the air.

I love that too!

I've had several instances recently of acquaintances asking my best friend, "So did A lose a bunch of weight? I thought I saw her in the mall/supermarket but I REALLY wasn't sure if it was her or not!" That's huge to me especially because I am one of those people who really doesn't feel I look THAT different in the face especially.
  • Cmem831
    Cmem831 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Yes! Subway! It's very close to where I work and I would go in at least 3 time a week for lunch! They must think I've been fired our quit! Haha!
  • jade2112
    jade2112 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I was at the bakery for a quarter sheet birthday cake every week. I'd eat the whole thing myself with ice cream. At the end they used to say enjoy your cake. As huge as I was they had to know they were for me. No one needs a birthday cake weekly.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!