Looking for friends who quit Sugar

Options
Hi there*

I'm an ex-sugar addict & I was hoping that I could have MFP friends who also quit sugar for motivation and encouragement. I'm quite new to this but doing extremely well. Quitting the white stuff is the best decision I've made for my health & if you haven't already, please go check out Sarah Wilson's I Quit Sugar website!

Replies

• adge1475
    adge1475 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    @Amoreislove

More power to you, that stuff's a drug, just as much as cocaine is. What was the hardest part in the beginning, for you?
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    What about the sugars in fruit? Do I need to worry about those too?
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    @Amoreislove

More power to you, that stuff's a drug, just as much as cocaine is. What was the hardest part in the beginning, for you?

VHFVT.gif
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    @Amoreislove

251.gif
  • da_bears1008
    Options
    Hi there*

I'm an ex-sugar addict & I was hoping that I could have MFP friends who also quit sugar for motivation and encouragement. I'm quite new to this but doing extremely well. Quitting the white stuff is the best decision I've made for my health & if you haven't already, please go check out Sarah Wilson's I Quit Sugar website!

So... meat?
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    I quit Sugar a long time ago.
    Well my ex wouldn't let me go see her at the club anymore. :sad: :cry:
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    @Amoreislove

VHFVT.gif

Didn't know you were video taping me while I was reading that...
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    @Amoreislove

VHFVT.gif

you forgot we were skyping?

bro.

idk.gif
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    @Amoreislove

0rT4Ds.gif
  • KrazyDaizy
    KrazyDaizy Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    What about the sugars in fruit? Do I need to worry about those too?
    I'm sweet like a peach. You can't quit me. Plus syrup, Waffle.

role_0_zpsbc36f225.gif
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    tumblr_n4yrpdmQdO1qlsrn9o1_500.gif

Might not want to quit Suge...
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    @Amoreislove

VHFVT.gif

you forgot we were skyping?

bro.

idk.gif

Forever-alone-face.png
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    anigif_enhanced-buzz-24245-1387240967-2.gif
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    49863503.jpg
  • Screwedntattooed
    Screwedntattooed Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I read squirt glitter...
  • Rinny73
    Rinny73 Posts: 21
    Options
    Ugh...anyway, OP...

I have a huge sweet tooth myself and went without sugar, fruit, and white carbs for three weeks, grasping for a solution to my digestive issues. The WHO does recommend no more than 25grams of sugar a day, equivalent to 6 teaspoons. The problem is sugar is in practically everything that's processed, and it's really easy to go over that amount. During my sugar abstinence I went through three weeks vilifying sugar and everything that had sugar in it. Eventually I lost my sweet tooth and came around to a saner approach to dealing with sugar. I make much of my own food to control my intake of sugar so I can save up the occasional sugary treat.
  • Crisseyda
    Crisseyda Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    @Amoreislove

VHFVT.gif

Your arrogance hints at an underlying insecurity. Although... I could just be judicious and just chalk it up to ignorance or childish ego-centrism.

Sugar is addictive. I'll be fair and say more addictive to some rather than others, maybe not someone as fortunate as yourself.

http://authoritynutrition.com/how-sugar-makes-you-addicted/

OP, I'm going for sugar free myself! All-or-nothing It certainly isn't easy, but I believe it's the best decision for my long-term health.
  • Fit_Happens_2021
    Fit_Happens_2021 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I gave up sugar in my tea (well it's a start!) I need a little education about sugar, I recently got a lab result for an A1C test that was 5.7 and the doc said that is in the pre diabetes range. I had never heard of the A1C test and so now I am looking at what to do about it and kind am a little confused with all the info from reading about refined sugar as opposed to sugar in fruit, and the GI index .... confused : /
  • stuart160
    stuart160 Posts: 1,628 Member
    Options
    @Amoreislove

VHFVT.gif

Your arrogance hints at an underlying insecurity. Although... I could just be judicious and just chalk it up to ignorance or childish ego-centrism.

Sugar is addictive. I'll be fair and say more addictive to some rather than others, maybe not someone as fortunate as yourself.

http://authoritynutrition.com/how-sugar-makes-you-addicted/

OP, I'm going for sugar free myself! All-or-nothing It certainly isn't easy, but I believe it's the best decision for my long-term health.

There have been a few studies on how sugar affects the brain and findings are that it's highly addictive for some people.
    http://www.webmd.com/diet/ss/slideshow-sugar-addiction