eggs?

Options
are 2 hard boiled eggs ok to eat for breakfast while trying to lose weight?

Replies

• tdonlin
    tdonlin Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    I hope so. That's my breakfast every morning.
  • helloiloveukitty
    helloiloveukitty Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    i think so. yes :) eggs are good for you
  • cassidystreasures
    Options
    eggs are healthy for you and full of protein
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    Eggs are good for you as long as you can fit the fat and cholesterol into the rest of your eating for the day. It isn't tons of fat, but I have noticed that if I eat more than one egg I am over on cholesterol for the day... but maybe it is the "good" cholesterol that doesn't matter, I don't know! Anyway... I eat eggs pretty regularly, though I do usually do one whole egg and an egg white or two. There are definitely worse things to eat!
  • katmarsc
    katmarsc Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I eat them when running late, but I also eat 1/2 grapefruit. You need more fuel depending how active your mornings are. Or plan to have a mid morning snack.
  • lindainak
    lindainak Posts: 101
    Options
    Just went to a dietition and $768 later she says 3 whole eggs a week. Of course I was only eating egg whites at the time.
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Any thing is fine, as long as you are within your calories. I like eggs for breakfast- protein is filling!
  • driven03
    driven03 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    thanks for the replies...kinda confused if they are good or not so good to eat....i tried egg beaters but still feel hungry after so was looking maybe for the whole egg? idk lol
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I am not sure about hard boiled. I believe egg yoke has like 5 grams of fat. So I just buy liquid egg whites. Taste great and cuts out a pretty much all of the fat.

EDIT: This site is very helpful!
    \
    http://nutritiondata.self.com/
  • sweetsexy43
    sweetsexy43 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Bottom line..Eggs are good when eaten within reason. 2-3 times per week is sufficient...you get your protein..etc.
  • Wandami
    Wandami Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I have a boiled egg with every meal....LOVE them!
  • MrX8503
    MrX8503 Posts: 67
    Options
    I eat 2 eggs everyday, whole, and I've gone from 200lbs to 140lbs. Don't worry about eating whole eggs unless you're eating a ton of them.

An egg has 5 grams of fat, but 3grams is good fats and 2grams is saturated fat. The fear of eggs is unnecessary, what you should be concerned about is what you'll be eating for lunch/dinner.
  • vero_1
    vero_1 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I eat an egg every morning for breakfast. I love them! I tried just the egg whites and they are ok too but I really like the egg yoke so now I use 1 whole egg and add extra egg whites to make it equivalent to 2 eggs breakfast :)
  • erin6026
    erin6026 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I usually have a poached egg every day. There have been a few times I had two, and found that the calories/cholesterol put me over a bit. I guess it just depends how you're structuring the rest of your meals.

I know you can have almost as many egg WHITES as you want! The yolk is where you get the most cals/cholesterol
  • ifeelsqueaky
    Options
    I tend to have some toast with my egg because I find just eggs alone won't keep me full for long. But I don't see why two boiled eggs would be a bad breakfast - though some people recommend you don't eat more than a certain amount.

Ooh just found this on the UK Food Standards Agency website: "If you are eating a balanced diet, you don't need to cut down on eggs (or kidneys and prawns), unless your GP or dietitian has advised you to do this." so that seems to imply that it's fine to eat as many eggs as you like :smile:
  • Robin1117
    Robin1117 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    I love eggs, and eat them 4-5x/week, mostly for lunch or mid-morning snack.

I tend to make omelets or "scrambles" using one egg, lots of veggies ( sauteed onion, mushrooms, spinach or whatever you like in a little olive oil), and depending on the cheese around 1/2 -3/4 oz. it's so good and fewer than 200 calories. This is pretty filling and because you are bulking up on more vegetables than eggs, you think you are eating a lot but really are keeping the # of eggs to a minimum.

Yesterday I put an over-easy egg (cooked in a small amount of olive oil) on a piece of homemade bread and melted a 1/2 oz of cheese on top. Very filling and about 250 calories.

I think people always hear about eating "2-3 egg omelets", and probably eat too many eggs and they don't need to. For me, I like being creative with 1.
  • backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Eggs are a fantastic food source!!

The Cholesterol myth was based on research which is totally outdated now and eggs still have this unfair reputation for causing high cholesterol.

Recent research suggests that they are perfectly safe to eat and are full of goodness.

http://www.incredibleegg.org/health-and-nutrition/cracking-the-cholesterol-myth