1620 calories

Replies

• astroophys
    astroophys Posts: 175 Member
    That's an awesome way to look at it!!
  • Tybear73
    Tybear73 Posts: 20 Member
    Mr. 1800 posts....“If you propose to speak, always ask yourself, is it true, is it necessary, is it kind?” What you said ~may~ be true and you weren't unkind but your comment was unnecessary. Remember, this is a place to encourage, build each other up and to share helpful or new ways of looking at things. If somebody says something that doesn't ring your bell you don't necessarily need to let them know unless you have something constructive or new to say.
  • SandyBVTN
    SandyBVTN Posts: 367 Member
    I don't necessarily think of it as money, but I definitely budget it better than I do cash!

That's why pre-log my food most days and swap out foods for what I REALLY want to spend my cals on.
  • amandzor
    amandzor Posts: 386 Member
    Yes! This is exactly how I treat my calories.

I confuse some people when I'm like "Nope, too expensive." and I'm not talking $, I'm talking Cals.

I'd wondered if anyone else thought of it like this!
  • newhealthykim
    newhealthykim Posts: 192 Member
    No, but I get it. I'm glad you found something that works for you. I do totally understand spending the calories though. One day this week I had my 4th slice of supreme pizza (it's a small pizza). Usually I only eat 3, but OMG that day I totally needed that 4th piece, and it was so worth it.
  • Good to know i am not the only one to do this..
    I am a budget nut so i treat calories like this cause my brain can understand and follow..
    So far its doing pretty good for me
  • Basilin
    Basilin Posts: 360 Member
    My problem is I always get dinged with hidden fees. :laugh:
  • SlimJanette
    SlimJanette Posts: 597 Member
    That is a great way to think of it!
  • How funny, i only started my journey with MFP on Monday, and have looked at it that way since the beginning…i have fun looking at my diary in the morning and figuring out what i can spend my pounds on! (UK here). I also love the idea of working out to 'earn more money to spend on something nice' :D
  • shapefitter
    shapefitter Posts: 900 Member
    Before I joined MFP, I lived on £6 a week/less than £1 a day. That's about 12 dollars a week. In the last year, I've worked very hard to get healthy again. I now spend about £2 a day, sometimes more, to make sure I get a varied combination of nutritious food. Today, I ate out, and spent £2.95 and had a coffee for 99 pence with free refill :) cake is for the wend, if I haven't already spent my budget :tongue:
  • Tybear73
    I'm so glad things have improved for you in the past year. Keep on taking care of yourself and counting your blessings along the way. All my best to you.
  • AboutT1ME
    AboutT1ME Posts: 39 Member
    I really like this way of thinking about it! thanks!
  • maoribadger
    maoribadger Posts: 1,837 Member
    Like this idea. Except I often end up with the £3 donut
  • shapefitter
    No, but I get it. I'm glad you found something that works for you. I do totally understand spending the calories though. One day this week I had my 4th slice of supreme pizza (it's a small pizza). Usually I only eat 3, but OMG that day I totally needed that 4th piece, and it was so worth it.

I tend to eat pizza with Mozarella, and add my own toppings. A thin and crispy 12'' will usually be about 850 kcal, and at £2 is excellent value. I'd save a fortune, if I ate pizza every day :bigsmile:
  • Tybear73
    How funny, i only started my journey with MFP on Monday, and have looked at it that way since the beginning…i have fun looking at my diary in the morning and figuring out what i can spend my pounds on! (UK here). I also love the idea of working out to 'earn more money to spend on something nice' :D

Congratulations on starting!!! Attitude is so important! Sounds like you have an excellent one. Keep it up and thanks for sharing your enthusiasm with everyone. I really like how you see exercise as "earning more money to spend on something nice". That's perfect!
  • vismal
    vismal Posts: 2,463 Member
    6d75a149d5937685c816cd753a958b22398c716c47fa8fbc6346484e65390cd6.jpg
  • shapefitter
    I'm so glad things have improved for you in the past year. Keep on taking care of yourself and counting your blessings along the way. All my best to you.

Thank you. This site is great, and has helped me a lot. Some groups, on here are very supportive. Lol knowing my luck, the internet will probably crash now, or something :explode:
  • Tybear73
    Good to know i am not the only one to do this..
    I am a budget nut so i treat calories like this cause my brain can understand and follow..
    So far its doing pretty good for me

It is all about how you think and then feel about something. Framing things in a way that makes sense and feels good is more than half the battle. The fact you're a budget nut, it makes sense that MFP is a good fit for you (and me too) managing the debits and credits of calories and exercise. Excellent to hear things are going well. Keep up the good work...and to use a related saying, “Take care of your nickels and dimes and your dollars will take care of themselves.”
  • shapefitter

Except cake :bigsmile:
  • Tybear73

And you look awesome. Congratulations on your weight loss and health gain achievement. That took some consistent and laser focus. Glad you found your way.