Not a happy camper!!!

Options
so yeah...really DISTURBED at the fact that I have only lost .5lbs in the last 6 weeks. I cant seem to find a reason why! I am so frustrated I could eat a whole cake and not even care (but i wont). I drink nothing but water...i have counted calories and I have even added some exercise in....whats wrong with me? Does anyone have any suggestions?

Replies

• rsonthelake
    rsonthelake Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Have some of your friends check out your food diary and see if they might be able to offer some suggestions
  • wpij25
    wpij25 Posts: 161
    Options
    I am experiencing that right now myself and have found I need to tweek my exercize regimen. Good Luck Sweets!!
  • nikki91950
    Options
    you gotta be kidding. you're starving yourself. start eating, and then get back to us.
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    You're not eating enough, plain and simple. You need to eat at least 1200 calories a day consistently if you want to eat weight. You won't lose until you do that.
  • KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    If your food diary is accurate you are not getting enough fuel and your body is going into starvation mode. I went back to when you were logging and saw total calories in the 300, 400 even 500 calorie range and that is causing you not to lose there are some great post on here if you search going under calories about how going under sabotages all your weight loss efforts. I hope this helps. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    Well. I have to assume your diary is not correct. Please tell me that's so....

Anyway, on the assumption that you are not logging reliably, there isn't much we can tell you, since we don't really have much information to go on. You need to log everything reliably, if you really want some advice on what the problem is and what kinds of changes to make.

On the (scary) chance that your diary is correct. You are practically living in a concentration camp. If you do not start eating, you can do permanent damage to your organs. Cutting calories to that extent is unhealthy, unsafe and will only make you sick. Eat enough to reach your cal goal. Simple as that.
  • leslieaht
    Options
    Weigh or measure everything for a few days. See if your "portion sense" has gotten distorted. When I hit a long plateau that's usually what has happened.
  • tiffsNEWlife
    Options
    Your diary is public but we can't see that you have logged anything. Take a look at what you have been eating and how much you are exercising. Tweek the little things, like watching your sugar and sodium intake. Try and get a good amount of fiber and protein. Keep working at it!
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    Just from glancing through your food diary for the last couple of weeks...

1) EAT! You are either not eating enough or not logging. 1200 should be your bare minimum. I'm saying this as someone who thought I was doing great by eating 1400+ to lose one pound a week and had barely lost a pound in a month's time. I increased my calories to my BMR + ate most exercise calories and have lost over 1.5 pounds for each of the last 2 weeks. That is more than I'd lost since Thanksgiving doing MFPs recommendation for just one pound lost a week.
    2) Watch the sodium. Fast food restaurants (well, any restaurant) load their food with sodium. Yes, even Subway.
    3) Log your food consistently so you know what you are eating... and so when you ask for advice, we have a good idea of what you are eating and can suggest changes if needed.
  • anovasjo
    anovasjo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    You need to use the tools you are given on this site.

You can't honestly be surprised that you're not "winning" the weight loss race when you have days and days of blank pages, some days topping off at 400 net calories and some days where you only eat fish and chips?

Try your hardest to find some time and log your foods accurately, and you will find answers to why it's not working for you.
  • cryslynn1980
    cryslynn1980 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    i do always eat atleast 1200 even if i dont log....i find it hard to get on the computer some days to log everything. I think I will up my cal intake and see if it helps. I will also try my best to keep the food log accurate so I can get some help. thanks.
  • anovasjo
    anovasjo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    You can do it, you have such a big support group here and if you need any help, just ask. :flowerforyou:
  • thunder5
    Options
    5 lbs in 6 weeks is good. One pound a week is the recommended amount to loose and stay healthy doing so. I don't see why you are frustrated....you're doing well! if you have added the exercise and are not eating your exercise calories that could put you below your net and cause you to hang onto the extra as well.
    None the less.....keep up the good work!
  • thunder5
    Options
    Oh my bobo...I thought it was 5 lbs in 6 weeks.....I think i read it wrong and it was 0.5 lbs...sorry.... I would be frustrated too!
  • jane77
    jane77 Posts: 489
    Options
    when we where eating the whole cake did we gain weight every week give yourself and your body a brake make real changes in your life. life style change not just a diet it yyou want lasting weight lose and exercise is a must not just something to get in
  • MrX8503
    MrX8503 Posts: 67
    Options
    i do always eat atleast 1200 even if i dont log....i find it hard to get on the computer some days to log everything. I think I will up my cal intake and see if it helps. I will also try my best to keep the food log accurate so I can get some help. thanks.

I can see how that would be a hassle, I just do it through my phone. The thing though is that if you want to be successful you HAVE to follow it to the tee.

If it says you need to eat a net total of 1200, you have to eat that amount and enter everything in.