Anyone in Corrections or a Social Worker?

Options
Looking to make friends who work in corrections/social work/ or a fellow student of social work!

Replies

• beckm2022
    beckm2022 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I'm a social worker. Friend request sent. :smile:
  • wcaldwelld
    wcaldwelld Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I used to work in corrections for 15 years before moving on and changing professions.....
  • Leahkat1020
    Leahkat1020 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I just graduated with my BSW! Still not employed in the field of social work, but working towards it!.
  • DeterminedbyGod
    DeterminedbyGod Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Currently in school for sociology and will be going to grad school for social work
  • s_pekz
    s_pekz Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I'm a registered social worker in Vancouver BC. Right now working for a non profit. FR sent.
  • jerseygene
    jerseygene Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I used to work in corrections for 5 years before moving on and changing to working in a Hospital. you can add me if you like.
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Not exactly corrections or a social worker….But I work at residential treatment center for at-risk youth. My BS was in Psych. So, it's a similar field. You can add me if you'd like.
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like. I've been a guidance counselor at a middle school for 16 years. It's not exactly the same as social work, but there are a lot of similarities and a lot of what I do is social work, just not all of it.
  • Krylee23
    Krylee23 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    If you'd like, you can add me! I'm in school right now with a Psychology major and plan on pursuing a Masters in Social Work once I get my Bachelors!
  • Shirotora88
    Options
    I went to college for Social Service Worker which is a step down from Social Worker.. Couldn't find a job, Planning to go back to school next year.. Not sure which field yet
  • spulia1
    spulia1 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm a Clinical Psych grad student, working with a bunch of Social Workers in my current clinical placement...so... does that count? Feel free to add me.
  • 98bikinisuitedlbs
    98bikinisuitedlbs Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Social worker here too!
  • hack333
    hack333 Posts: 17
    Options
    Have worked in Corrections for 11 years.. Only 22 left until I can retire :)