Polar Heart Rate Monitor Battery Life

Options
The battery on my Polar heart rate monitor just petered out. Doesn't seem like it lasted that long. Anyone else experience this?

(Also, as long as I'm here - I know I can look this up on Polar's website but - are batteries easy enough to purchase?)

Replies

• NBENG
    NBENG Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Which Polar HRM do you have? I have an H7 and as soon as my work is over I take it off my chest as it turns on when its connected to a wet strap on your skin. Also how many hours a day on average do you use it? The batteries are just normal watch batteries.
  • weehah
    weehah Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Oh, good idea to take off the chest. It's an FT7. Thank you!
  • NBENG
    NBENG Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    The FT7 is supposed to last 11 months @ 7 hours a week. Cold weather and backlight may drain it quicker.
  • h7463
    h7463 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I've got the FT7 and the H7. You can get the sensor batteries at any walgreens, riteaid...they are the same type. The wrist watch of the FT7 has a different size, and it's more difficult to find in the stores. I got them on ebay for a great price. I will order the sensor batteries there next time, too.
    The instructions of the FT7 said somewhere to keep the dried off sensor and the watch apart when they are not used. Apparently, the watch will still try to pick up readings, which eventually drains the battery.

Good luck!