Starvation Mode

Options
What happens when your body goes into starvation mode? What does your body do? Just curious, I have been eating under 1200 calories a day and someone said something about that :embarassed:

Replies

• niclagi
    niclagi Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I am interested in what people will say...
  • chewy8874042
    chewy8874042 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am curious about this as well. Someone told me today that I should be eating at least 1500 calories a day.
  • Dawnzy
    Dawnzy Posts: 12
    Options
    I am interested in what people will say...

Me too! I really want to know haha
  • Dawnzy
    Options
    I am curious about this as well. Someone told me today that I should be eating at least 1500 calories a day.

Oh hmm.. maybe google will help! I suck at googling but I will look around
  • miriamcpweg
    miriamcpweg Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have always been somewhat overweight and as a kid I ate very little thinking I would loose weight. I didn't. I was eating maybe 1 plain can of tuna a day for lunch, a bit of cereal in the morning and something small for dinner. Never noshed on junk. I calculated how many calories I was having a day and it was somewhere around 600-800 a day. As I got older I started doing the research. I went on a 1400 calorie diet (healthy sources) and the weight started coming off about 2 pounds a week. Now I'm doing a whole different approach to get my weight down once again, but none the less I am still eating more than 1200 calories a day.
  • bates1984
    Options
    My doctor put me on a 1000 Calories a day, and this site says 1300. I just keep in the range. When don't eat
    enough your metabolism works harder, doesn't burn the calories as well. Thats the way i understand it. I actually was eating
    only average 500 cal. a day and thats why I put on the last 25 lbs that Ive gained. Now I am eating more calories and loseing the weight.--Make since I geuss. lol
  • Dawnzy
    Options
    Ohhh dang - thank you so much for your replies!
  • MeghanAM
    MeghanAM Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I had a similar experience with eating much too little (I was eating about 400-800 calories a day) and gaining weight. When I spoke to my doctor (and only spoke to him to complain about not losing weight! silly me), he told me I could also be doing myself serious harm because my blood sugar levels were fluctuating too much.