What to do when you feel fat!!!

Mawskittykat
Mawskittykat Posts: 241 Member
edited September 23 in Motivation and Support
You know what I do when I feel fat. This is gonna sound absolutely ridiculous but I will tell you anyway. When I lost about 20 pounds I felt fat and figured I wasnt doing any good at all. So I went to the grocery store and got 2 - 10 pound bags of potatoes. I carried one in each hand all the way around the grocery store and back to the produce dept. When I got back I put them back on the shelf and left. I left feeling lighter and more appreciative for the 20 pounds that I dont have to carry around anymore. I know it sounds absolutely absurd but I really did it. You dont realize the changes when they are so gradual but when you pick it up you first think this isnt so bad but by the time you carry it around the store a while it seems to get heavier and heavier. Another time I bent over to pick up my mamas dog, she weighs 19 pounds. At that time I had lost 38 pounds and I thought about having 2 dogs her size and having to carry them around with me everywhere I went. Boy did I appreciate being able to put FANCY down. I wish losing weight was that easy that we could just put it down whenever we want to but unfortunately it dont go on that fast and it dont come off that fast either. But I have done it with something that I know weighs what I lost and It really does inspire me to keep going. When I look at my ticker sometimes I think well that is 2 - 20 pound sacks of TATERS LOL This works for me. I still get depressed sometimes and it seems like I have such a long road ahead of me and the road seems so lonely at times but I have to remember to be thankful for the small things like meeting my daily goals and exercising because I am able to do it. And also for finding this website and all my wonderful friends here.

Replies

• chelamg12
    chelamg12 Posts: 28 Member
    What a good idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We forget what we have gotten rid of. Strength on your continued journey!!!!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.