SKINNY BUFFALO CHICKEN SOUP

PRINT
PREP TIME
15 mins
COOK TIME
30 mins
TOTAL TIME
45 mins

Adapted from Jennifer Miller, Fat Chick to Fit Chick: http://www.fatchick2fitchickblog.com/buffalo-chicken-soup/
Author: adapted from Jennifer Miller - Fat Chick to Fit Chick
Recipe type: soup
Serves: 6
INGREDIENTS
2 pounds of cooked and shredded rotisserie chicken
3 tbsp of ranch seasoning*
1 large head of cauliflower chopped
4 cups chicken stock
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup water
1 pound of sliced carrots
6 stalks of celery sliced
1 medium onion, diced
1 tablespoon butter
1 cup Franks Red Hot Sauce (or your favorite hot sauce), use less if you want it to be less spicy, more if you want to burn your mouth off :)
chopped green onion and blue cheese crumbles for garnish

INSTRUCTIONS
Boil cauliflower in stock pot with water, ranch seasoning, chicken broth, and chicken stock until very tender; approximately 10 minutes.
While cauliflower is cooking, saute carrots, celery, and onion with the butter. Cook on medium heat until the onions are translucent and the vegetables are fork tender.
Using an immersion blender, blend the cauliflower into a puree in the stock pot. It should blend completely and form a thicker base for the soup. Add the hot sauce and stir.
Add the celery, carrots, and onion to the stock pot and stir.
Stir in chicken and let cook on low for 20-30 minutes
Serve hot with green onion and blue cheese as garnish (optional)
Enjoy!

Replies

• williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    This is VERY close to a recipe I have (Hmm, I really need to make it again, soon!). I will vouch that this is a recipe where a cauliflower "substitute" works brilliantly! I fully support you, GSDlovers!:drinker:
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    This is VERY close to a recipe I have (Hmm, I really need to make it again, soon!). I will vouch that this is a recipe where a cauliflower "substitute" works brilliantly! I fully support you, GSDlovers!:drinker:

Gee thanks........ Girlfriend brought me this for lunch and fell in love with this....
  • emmacken
    emmacken Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Sounds so good!!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    This recipe will justify me buying the 2x500ml bottles of Frank's Red Hot from Costco!

Sounds amazing, I think this will be next week's work lunch, om nom nom.
  • marcenepea
    marcenepea Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Yum... is sounds really good. Thanks for sharing
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Wantttttt
  • Debbieclark11
    Debbieclark11 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I will try this on Saturday! I sounds so good it can't be skinny soup can it??
  • djpro1337
    djpro1337 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm a sucker for anything buffalo chicken. Thank you so much for sharing this! :)
  • emmacken
    emmacken Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I saw this a couple weeks ago and finally got a chance to make it tonight. It really hits the spot when you're craving something spicy! Also, the portions are huge! Thanks for sharing! :D
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    emmacken wrote: »
    I saw this a couple weeks ago and finally got a chance to make it tonight. It really hits the spot when you're craving something spicy! Also, the portions are huge! Thanks for sharing! :D

So glad you liked this