The sadness

Options
I don't know if anyone else has these days but I get them. There are these days where I just feel total despair. No matter how much I pump myself up. Look at things that make me smile, excercise my heart out, watch funny shows, nothing works. I just gotta ride it out until its over and it majorly sucks.

I wish there was some miracle happy food.

WHY DO I HAVE TO BE SO SAD!?

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I'm having one of those days today. I feel like someone let all the air out of my tyres and hit me with the feather pillow of sadness.
  • SuninVirgo
    SuninVirgo Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Awwww. I'm sorry you feel so sad. As you know you need to ride it out and hopefully you understand that food can not bring you happiness. I get these days too--
    you need to know, your weight issues could be a result of, abuse, trauma's and other negative things in your life or in the past. So my suggestion is to find a therapist or councillor and talk.
    Good Luck
  • cinde2014
    cinde2014 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    You sound so sad. Do you have any history of depression.. You didn't say why you were sad. If there is not something you can put your finger on, it may be time to seek professional help. We're here for you though.
  • Coltsforlife
    Options
    sadness is a feeling ,you are human
  • RunningOnWontons
    RunningOnWontons Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I don't have an answer for you, but I did want to say that you're not alone in feeling this way.

Feeling miserable all the time is neither healthy nor normal, but I think being "happy" all the time isn't realistic, either. Are you putting too much pressure on yourself to be or to feel a certain way? Watching funny movies is great, for example, but only if you actually happen to like funny movies. I don't think there's much point in pursuing an activity just to trick yourself into feeling better...instead, find something that challenges you or that forces you to focus on a goal...you might find some enjoyment/relief in "getting out of your own head" for a little while. Endurance running does this for me.
  • missylee117
    missylee117 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Sounds to me like depression, get to a doctor and talk to them and see what its all about, don't suffer like this, even though you may be up one day and down the next could be a chemical imbalance in your brain, BEEN THERE LIVED IT, didn't like it, went on medication yrs ago and now every day is what I make it! Good luck be Good to yourself and take care of this! :wink:
  • SuninVirgo
    SuninVirgo Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    You sound so sad. Do you have any history of depression.. You didn't say why you were sad. If there is not something you can put your finger on, it may be time to seek professional help. We're here for you though.
    I agree. I got professional help and I'm on medication. I does help. The despair goes away. Life is not supposed to be this sad.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I think everyone gets the sads sometimes. Just feel what you need to feel and then move on.

If you keep on feeling the sads, you should talk to your doctor about them.
  • robinrkirkland
    robinrkirkland Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone thank you for all of your kind words.

There's nothing in particular I'm sad about, it's just an overall mostly physical feeling of being sad.

I need to eat something soon. On these days I don't even want to look at food.

I'm meeting my goals still. I have three main ones: To become more muscular, To track my food and exercise in take for 52 weeks and to get some more education.

I've done two of the three goals today, the last one is Math right now. I wanted to complete 50 minutes of math. I still have time so I think I'll go try and work on that now.

Food first though.

Thank you again! The sadness should be gone in a few more hours.
  • La5Vega5Girl
    La5Vega5Girl Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    yea, i agree. sometimes i feel like i will never lose the last of my weight. i get so down! that's why we're here - to pick each other up
    :flowerforyou:
  • BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    I get that way a lot when fall/winter comes around. Shorter days and the cold weather just really suck the life out of me. I just ride it out. It would be a lot easier to just drown it all in chocolate and margaritas (not at the same time though). Workouts always help, even if I'm not up for them.
  • ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    There's nothing in particular I'm sad about, it's just an overall mostly physical feeling of being sad.

I need to eat something soon. On these days I don't even want to look at food.

Thank you again! The sadness should be gone in a few more hours.

Everyone is sad for no reason sometimes. However, you said it keeps hitting you. it would not hurt and might benefit to be assessed professionally.
  • Hotshoe1200
    Hotshoe1200 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I am not trying to make light of your sadness, but I used to get totally cranky and out of sorts. Everything bothered me. My husband used to say it was PMS. It is not, I would snap back. But you know what? It was! I could almost set my clock to the time of the month that I would feel that way.

Now I'm through menopause pretty much so it's not as noticeable, but there are still those days that I feel restless but lazy, irritated and hopeless. I have come to recognize it and know that it'll pass. One thing that I know is that during those times, it's okay to sleep more, or just veg on the couch with the tv, have some chocolate.

With all the good suggestions from people here, I think it's good that you're here and talking to them about it. That's kinda therapeutic, too.
  • robinrkirkland
    robinrkirkland Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for sharing your experiences. It really helped to get through it. I think it's pretty much over now and I feel that after a good night rest I'll be back to normal. :) thank you for keeping me positive!