Frustrated

Options
So these advertisements they now have on the app are really bothering me. Seriously myfitnesspal you feel the need to let Burger King advertise to us fat people who are trying not to eat that crap. Oh but it looks so good. I want some Burger King now.

Replies

• MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Sunday I waited for 13 minutes at Burger King for three chicken strips, honey mustard sauce and a Dutch Apple pie. I actually really liked the pie but IMO no fast food is worth waiting for 13 minutes!
  • gudkarma147
    Options
    Burger king ad in the myfitnesspal app? really?
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Ads are user generated. MFP doesn't get to pick them. That said, I'm looking forward to my A&W bacon double cheeseburger tomorrow night. I make it fit.
  • logicalinks
    logicalinks Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    If you want the site and the apps to continue to be free, you've got to put up with the ads. Simple as that. :)
  • shadowofender
    shadowofender Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Soooo the ads are like any ads generated in a web browser, even in the app. It's targeted based on what you look at. So now that I've been in a thread with the words "burger king", it's likely I'll get a burger king ad, or something similar. All the website mfp does, is allow a variety of places to advertise. The actual ads depends on you.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Omg!! I hadn't had BK in like forever n a day until this past Sunday... I seriously loved it!!! I enjoyed my Whopper meal like there wouldn't be a tomorrow! Lmao!! Best treat ever!! :bigsmile: :heart: :love:
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    If you use chrome as a browser, and the adds bother you that much? use the add block extension. Problem solved.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Someone using your computer has been looking at the burger king. Mine has American Eagle, Abercrombie, and some stupid pickle keeps popping up saying 5 foods never to eat.
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    Mmmm Burger King onion rings sound delish right now.

I haven't even noticed the ads oddly enough, so they do not bother me. It really is not all that serious. Just do not pay any attention to them.
  • bokaba
    bokaba Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Or you can use an adblocker and then you won't have to see them.