What about you would surprise us?

ilfaith
ilfaith Posts: 16,769 Member
If your MFP friends met you in real life what about you would surprise them?

I think people would be surprised that I am actually rather short (not quite 5'3"). Perhaps I photograph taller, because I often get comments on my long legs, when they are anything but (everything needs a hem...or high heels...if I don't want to step on the cuffs).

People would probably be surprised to see that I have a big closet full of "real" clothes, and just one small dresser drawer of bikinis.

Replies

• SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    That f I could do anything other than what I do now it would be position as a professor. That way I could spend my summers backpacking.
  • _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    That I actually have a head and I don't walk around in bikinis, yoga pants, and booty shorts all the time.
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    i really don't 'get' why this surprises people when they first meet me, but when they first meet me, people are truly surprised at how curly my hair is! ummmm what??? you see my pictures - right??? LOL!!!

other than that, people say that i look a lot younger in person than i do in my pictures. i also act younger. good thing! ;) age is just a number - right???
  • Screwedntattooed
    Screwedntattooed Posts: 238 Member
    not sure really, i'm pretty much out there looks wise I guess some people say I have an accent maybe that would surprise them
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    That I think farts, burps and general potty humor are hilarious
    That I like characters in books more than I like most real people
    That I have zero issues singing and dancing in public
    And despite the above, I'm terribly introverted
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    I can program in cobol. (at least I think I still could).
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    I'm the lead singer and double bass player of a gigging bluegrass band in NYC
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    No doubt my age, I get mistaken for 10-15 years younger by everyone who meets me.
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    My height, I'm also 5'3. I usually get comments about how pretty or strange my eye color is too. I guess it isn't obvious in photos.
  • SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    Most people I meet find it strangely difficult to believe that a woman in her twenties (late twenties at that) has never been drunk.

(I don't like alcohol, it tastes like rancid chemical crap to me, so I don't drink it. I've had that wide-eyed look of shock many times when I say I've never been drunk because I simply don't like alcohol.)
  • shai74
    shai74 Posts: 512 Member
    I'm a professionally employed straight looking, suit wearing, middle aged, intelligent mother of 4 teenagers.

... I also have 2 tattoo's, drive a V8 Ute, and have had my World of Warcraft account for 10 years.

Most of my co-workers wouldn't have a clue.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    That I look young enough to often be mistaken for my younger son's wife and my older son's sister. (The younger son looks older than the older one, and the older one looks like me)
  • Frank_Just_Frank
    Frank_Just_Frank Posts: 454 Member
    They'd probably be surprised at how terrible I am at conversations. I'm better using the written word.
  • That I'm constantly racing with my sister everywhere I go.
  • breesie11
    breesie11 Posts: 3,478 Member
    I'm a pro at interview and interrogation, and reading body language
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    That I'm very much how I represent myself on here.

And that I can have a very dry and dark sense of humor at times - it typically catches people off-guard because I'm very smiley.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    How effing weird I am :smile:
  • lookinggoodkel
    lookinggoodkel Posts: 1,235 Member
    That Im a red head
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Nothing I would admit to.

Honestly, no clue. I used to have my own TV show.