New to the whole weight loss thing :))

Options
Hi, I'm Lizzie. I work as a professional artist and author. My lifestyle isn't very active, and I didn't notice the pounds as they crept up on me over the years. Now, my doctors want me to lose 52 pounds....um, yes, they've lost their minds lol

I do need to lose the weight and have been placed on a diet of 1200 calories. I want to retain my health, so I don't have a problem listening to them...just a problem in refusing the cheesecake at times.

Would love to meet some friends here and find a little encouragement along the way.

Lizzie

Replies

• klthomas59
    klthomas59 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    welcome
  • jongwoons
    Options
    I have to lose over 70 lbs D:
    We can do it :3 just takes a little time.
    Good luck on your journey!
  • jesseBYAH
    jesseBYAH Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I will try to motivate you as best I can :bigsmile:
  • KoffeeKitten
    Options
    Hey! Welcome! I'm new also! Good luck. I'm wanting to lose 30 pounds, or so - personal choice. Dieting can be hard at times, but it's really not... you just have to build willpower! Things like cheesecake are yummmmy....however, one tiny lil piece of cheesecake has about 350 calories in it, or more!!! Get yourself in the habit of looking at all the nutritional info of the foods you eat, or things you have the desire to eat. It's really quite amazing (and scary) sometimes!! After you get in that habit you will definitely start to realize what you are taking in with just "one piece". Serving sizes is something that still shocks me! It helps out with dieting a ton to give it a look! Don't give up...if you don't lose the first week...keep trying. That probably just means you need to study what you're eating and switch it up, or add more physical activity. This site will help with that I'm sure!

I stray from diets sometimes...then I always hate myself. Haha... I'm doing okay thus far...two weeks and counting! Making it a lifestyle is easier than doing a diet. The word "diet" is just kind of unmotivating to me! Anyways - I'll cease rambling for now. :) Best wishes!!!! Punch that cheesecake outta mind!!! ;)

-Kelly
  • dsweet42
    Options
    welcome
  • LizzieBrayden
    Options
    I think I like making it a lifestyle....not a diet. :) I'm going to start thinking of it that way...a choice for a healthier me :)