99 problems and my scale is one

Options
Since moving to college and deciding to pick back up my smart habits (surprisingly I only gained a couple of pounds since dropping off MFP in April) I decided not to bring my scale. I thought that it would be smart not to weigh myself until I went home which is a two hour drive. I got to do that a couple weeks ago and it was great. I was planning on going home this weekend, but wait....my parents are going on vacation and it's not worth the drive for the number. I don't really have time to go back again until Thanksgiving Break! Oh my goodness! That's like 8 weeks! I know I have progress and it is tempting to buy a new scale, but every scale can weigh differently and I don't want to bring back my nasty habits. I measure myself and have clothes that fit better, but it doesn't seem to give me the satisfaction that I am looking for. What can I do to keep my mind off this? Activities? Therapy, lol? Help!!!!

Replies

• hroderick
    hroderick Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Surely there's a scale in your college gym locker room. If not go to campus clinic.
  • ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    That's funny. Cute-type funny. So much stressing about a scale.

You're doing fine.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I don't have a scale. I use the gym when I need to weigh. Otherwise I watch which belt hole I close my pants at.
  • tgabmac
    tgabmac Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    They have a scale at school, but it weighs heavy, so I don't want to discourage myself. I know I'm doing good, but.....Maybe I'll pick up knitting.
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    I love knitting and I've gotten pretty good at it!!

...but anyway I didn't bother to read the topic....just throw the scale out the window. A scale should be no ones problem.

Keep up with measurements, pics and how your clothes fit.
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    knitting is good, i got too bored when my aunt tried to show me. maybe try cheerleading? fun physical activity & will help with any weightloss &/or toning efforts. :flowerforyou:
  • frisco111
    frisco111 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Buy a scale. Get mentally ready for the first reading, which could be not what you expect. You are strong enough. From this first weight in your scale will measure your progress. Simple. Effective. Good luck :)