What is the best way to eat for health?

Options
If you want optimal HEALTH, what is your understanding of how to eat?

Replies

• Health_Temple
    Options
    I believe eating for health is long term, so it's not a diet and not something that should have drastic changes that will derail you later, but small consistent changes that last long term. One change at a time such as deciding not to drink soda any more or one everyonce and a while if you can do that (I don't find it addicting so I can have one every few months and not feel like I'm missing anything later.

Sometimes just substituting one thing at a time is easiest for beginners. Say your craving an orange soda, you can think of substitutions that are better for you, the first thing you may thing is orange juice. That's a great substitute! It has nutrients and natural sugars (and less) than soda. If you add in a pulp based orange juice you have more fiber, an one that is not from concentrate is less processed, but overall you could just eat an orange for a third of the calories and will keep you satiated for a while as well if your hungry.

So what is "healthy"? Foods that come from the earth and not manufactured by name. Most of the foods you want to eat you will find on the outer edges of the supermarket. The over processed, preservative filled foods are usually in the center. Don't fall for "fat free" or "sugar free" gimmicks. These are FOODLIKE PRODUCTS that have almost no nutritional value. Sugars and fats are good for you, your carbs (think veggies and fruit) fuel your body an give energy. Depending on if you have high blood pressure, or heart disease more on salt and "bad vs good" fats can be discussed. I just wanted to give a basic haul of what may help you in your health and fitness journey. Feel free to add me as well.