Muscle Tension Relief...

Options
I was wondering how everyone relieves their muscle strains and tension build up. I personally find myself randomly stretching all through out the day and cannot live without soaking in some epsom salt at least once a week. It helps so much. On really bad days when I really over do it a bit - Bayer back & body is my go to - although I dislike taking any medication what so ever so I normally tough it out. Haha. :smile:

Replies

• uconnwinsnc1
    uconnwinsnc1 Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I like to make weird faces and complain to anyone around me.
  • ThePhoenixIsRising
    ThePhoenixIsRising Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I have an 8lb rolling pin that I use to roll out the muscles. It hurts soooo gooood!
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    If I have a strain and back off a bit and do some foam rolling.

Tension, I just hit the gym and get right. Lifting iron loosens me up...
  • Emmie112
    Emmie112 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I like to get a massage and rest the next day. I find I need it when my calves get really tight and stretching doesn't help.
  • mochapygmy
    mochapygmy Posts: 2,123 Member
    Options
    Regular foam rolling before stretching or even a quick roll when I wake up usually keeps most of my DOMS away. Stay hydrated and keep moving so you don't stiffen up too much.
  • stefanie_lou
    stefanie_lou Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    The rolling pin sounds amazing. I normally just stiffen in my legs so that would work perfectly!! :smile:
  • christinazaia
    christinazaia Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    ahhh...I just wine and bit-ch and complain ...no one listens though lol
  • Luuvy
    Luuvy Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I stretch all day and also I take a hot shower. If that doesn't work I'll soak in Epsom salt and rub down in my voltaren gel, it works like a charm:smile: