lunch

Options
Hi everyone! After keeping track of my eating habits on this wonderful site, i'm finding that i eat the majority of my bad stuff at lunch. Any ideas for super fast, low fat, good tasting lunches?

Replies

• butterflywings622
    Options
    turkey sandwich with multigrain bread, OR 2% chobani yogurt, OR slim fast of some sort (a meal replacement of any kind), OR veggies and dip, OR salad, OR beans and rice, OR chicken salad sandwich or egg salad, OR portion sized leftovers :) I could go on and on, but if you have anymore questions feel free to ask :)
  • OldSportOldsport
    OldSportOldsport Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    A box of mixed salad and a precooked chicken breast. Protein and vitamins, keeps you full and it's low calories. Can't lose!
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Plan ahead. Pack... don't eat out if you can avoid it. If you do eat out , try a place where you could make a salad packed with veggies.

If you can pack, you can control you calories. This is what helps me...

now, for me to apply this logic at dinner time.... :)
  • pplastics
    pplastics Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    BLT (made with turkey bacon) and some fruit/veggies on the side, grilled chicken salad (I grill a huge mess of chicken breast once a week, slice it and portion it for the week), turkey burger with salad and grapes (that's what I had today). I also eat a lot of dinner leftovers for lunch. Make extra portions of everything when you make dinner and you have ready made lunches.
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    Can you clarify what you mean by "bad?" Are you just looking to avoid high-calorie foods?

I always pack fresh veggies or a salad to have with my lunch. Filling and low cal.
  • chijenyogini
    chijenyogini Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    kale massaged with avocado oil(1/2 tblspn=60 cal), super finely diced jalepenos, roasted red peppers, roasted sunflower seeds, lime juice on top. YUMMMM
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    What is "bad"? Can you define that?

Also, why low fat?
  • tedsmama
    tedsmama Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Packing a lunch is key for me. I usually have a salad, or 1/2 sandwich and fruit, or cottage cheese and fruit. I like to eat a good sized supper, so I try to keep my cals pretty reasonable for lunch.
  • ubermofish
    ubermofish Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm going with the "instant noodle" recipes listed in here:
    http://www.seriouseats.com/2014/09/diy-instant-noodle-cups-food-lab.html

I did the thai coconut curry this week (but used chicken instead of shrimp) and it is really, really tasty and surprisingly filling at just over 400cal. Word of warning about the red curry, it is very potent so if you're sensitive to spicy things you might want to try a different one or use a different kind of curry :).
  • LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    My go-to, make-ahead of time, healthy lunch is an egg casserole (or crustless quiche). I just use a container of egg whites, a couple of whole eggs, and then I throw in veggies, meat, and cheese (I cannot imagine a bad combination) and bake it for 35-40 minutes. Cut into squares and put into Gladware containers and I am good to go. Since it usually turns out to be about 200 or so calories, I will buy a small side salad to go along with it. :flowerforyou:
  • inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    I'm going with the "instant noodle" recipes listed in here:
    http://www.seriouseats.com/2014/09/diy-instant-noodle-cups-food-lab.html

I did the thai coconut curry this week (but used chicken instead of shrimp) and it is really, really tasty and surprisingly filling at just over 400cal. Word of warning about the red curry, it is very potent so if you're sensitive to spicy things you might want to try a different one or use a different kind of curry :).

This is an awesome idea! I'm going to have to make these for work.
  • gobonas99
    gobonas99 Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    My go-to lunches are leftovers from dinner. :flowerforyou:
  • allisonthompson6
    allisonthompson6 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, when i started punching some of my normal lunch stuff in here there were some 'holy crap' moments, like the good old tuna salad sandwiches, grilled cheese, quesedillas, etc. I'm thinking from your suggestions that what i'll try this week is to buy a bunch of produce, get it all ready to throw together into a salad and maybe chop up a boiled egg or something into it for a little protein. Thank you for the ideas, I appreciate all the help
  • allisonthompson6
    Options
    Also definately going to try the quiche!!
  • allisonthompson6
    Options
    Does the slimfast taste chalky?