eating to little

Options
So for the past week my calories have been way under my designated amount, I don't feel hungry at all or when I do I eat or nibble on something. I have been tracking everything I eat, been using measuring cups and scale but I've been getting full really fast. I don't know if its because I am filling up on water i am drink 64 ounces of water per day which is what is suggested for my height and weight. So I was just wondering if this has happened to anyone else and if so what have did you do?

Replies

• FlabULessFoodie
    FlabULessFoodie Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Oh dear! Don't ever say you're full. These people go nuts. I said something very similar in my post and folks kept pointing out "you have over 100 pounds to lose and you're too full to eat". I think its the water. I'm still drinking 8c and just eating when I'm hungry.
    So for the past week my calories have been way under my designated amount, I don't feel hungry at all or when I do I eat or nibble on something. I have been tracking everything I eat, been using measuring cups and scale but I've been getting full really fast. I don't know if its because I am filling up on water i am drink 64 ounces of water per day which is what is suggested for my height and weight. So I was just wondering if this has happened to anyone else and if so what have did you do?
  • Baconist
    Baconist Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I looked over your food diary, looks as though it's only been couple days you've been not reaching your cal goal, or close to it with your exercise added, at least the days I looked at.

Sometimes I have days when I just don't feel like eating (not many, but occasionally) usually around TOM or when I am tired or stressed.

I wouldn't worry about a day or two, but monitor it and if it continues please see your doctor.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    If you have no restrictions, it's not hard to add calories. If you're especially tired, feel weak, can't exercise, get dizzy or have headaches, you must eat more. If you feel strong and healthy and can exercise, you may be doing okay. :)

You didn't give a number, but the total needed is different for everyone. If I ate 1500 cals every day, I'd gain for sure. Some people can lose while eating 2000 cals, though.

If you haven't visited your doctor yet, do that. Get a daily calorie goal. Ask about how low you can go and what food you should or shouldn't be eating. The doctor is really the best person to advise you and every weight loss journey should be supervised. :)
  • cirellim
    cirellim Posts: 269
    Options
    Check out this new instagram account I found!!!

@LowCalFoodie

They post tons of different low calorie options for food its so awesome!!

It takes 2 minutes to make an account if you dont have one!!

Hope this helps
  • Adw7677
    Adw7677 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    A lot of people have the same problem. Nuts are a huge help. Avocadoes are good too, if you can get good ones (I miss California). If you have a REALLY hard time with these things, I've found Blue Diamond Smokehouse Almonds to be a huge help. If I'm craving chips or popcorn or anything crunchy or salty, I eat an ounce of smokey nuts. Costco had a huge tub of them for $15.
  • _Blues_
    _Blues_ Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I miss California too lol. I do eat nuts pretty often almonds and pistachios mmm.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    If it's just a day or 2 here and there, I wouldn't worry about it. Most people track their intake over the week, some days over, some days under.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    You have a lot of days over the last month not even logged or inconsistent. Are you not eating those days at all? Are you not logging everything?
  • lthames0810
    lthames0810 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Oh dear! Don't ever say you're full. These people go nuts. I said something very similar in my post and folks kept pointing out "you have over 100 pounds to lose and you're too full to eat". I think its the water. I'm still drinking 8c and just eating when I'm hungry.

I know! People scoff at the notion that someone who needs to lose weight can't eat enough calories when, "obviously," they must have overeaten at one time to get to this place.

The reason is simple and I did this, too. We start our "diet" by trying not to eat any calorie dense foods. We go from eating thousands of calories of donuts to eating only lean meats and vegetables and we end up not getting all the calories we should.

Then we come on here for advice...

OP, the advice to add some of those calorie dense foods like nuts and oils is sound. (Just don't do what I did and eat that whole bag of almonds in one sitting.)
  • _Blues_
    _Blues_ Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I am eating its just sometimes I am unable to get on here to log it but I have it written down. I don't have a cell phone right now and my only way of getting online is through my tablet that is very out dated and super buggy so it can be a real pain in the *kitten* to get on here and then stay on here long enough to log without my browser force closing on me. When I am at work I try and update my log but I only work three days a week right now so yeah.
    quote]
    You have a lot of days over the last month not even logged or inconsistent. Are you not eating those days at all? Are you not logging everything?
    [/quote]
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Some people eat poorly their entire lives. Then, when they are trying to eat heathier on MFP, have trouble coming up with ideas for a balanced diet. However, MFP isn't about trying to eat the fewest possible number of calories. It's about learning to eat at a healthy level for your body - not too much and not too little.

So you do need to eat all of your base calories and at least half of your exercise calories. Here are some ideas for adding healthy calories:

Chicken with the skin
    Steak
    Cheese
    Whole eggs (including deviled eggs, egg salad)
    Full fat dairy (including cottage cheese, yogurt)
    Fruit
    Peanut butter or other nut butters
    Nuts
    Avocado
    Dried fruit (raisins, apricots, apples)
    Dark chocolate
    Salmon
    Add Chia seeds to salads or yogurt
    Olive oil
    Smoothies
    Granola/sports nutrition bars
    Whole grains or whole grain products (like brown rice, Quinoa, oatmeal)
    Beans and legumes
  • chaos416
    chaos416 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    If you feel fine, don't worry.

If you feel bad, add more food.

Try to get your protein in each day with some fats.

Close your eyes and pick a multi-vitamin to keep that covered.

Cheers!