When do you stop your HRM?

Options
Do you stop it as soon as you 'stop' your exercise? After your cool down? Once your HR gets below the 'fat burn' level? I'm new to HRM usage, but I love it. Just want to know what the done thing is! Thanks!!

Replies

• AndyBee
    AndyBee Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing.
  • mistawalka
    mistawalka Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I stop mine after cool/down and stretches - but my heart rate is still up quite high then - I figure if its still burning a few extra calories its a bonus I don't need to know about and I wont then over-estimate calories burnt when considering eating back some of them.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    I stop mine after cool/down and stretches - but my heart rate is still up quite high then - I figure if its still burning a few extra calories its a bonus I don't need to know about and I wont then over-estimate calories burnt when considering eating back some of them.

Same here.
  • sportsqueen32
    Options
    It's so funny you asked this today after shoveling snow for 40 minutes then trekking up to the 3rd floor I decided to stop my HRM once my HR went down to 117. The highest it was, was 181. I think from now on i am going to stop it once I've cooled down a bit.
  • NineInchGirl
    Options
    Hey babe!

I stop it right after cool down / stretches :)

Miss you girlie :D
  • stupot73
    stupot73 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I usually keep mine on to see how long it takes my rate to go back down to nearly-normal levels. The quicker you recover, the fitter you are becoming.
  • believetoachieve
    believetoachieve Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    My heart rate drops pretty quickly after exercise - for example, if I go from 180 bpm at a 6mph run, it'll be back to about 100-110 in roughly a minute or two at a leisurely 3mph pace. So, I stop watching the calories when the workout is complete :smile: