Anyone going through IVF?

Options
Hello,

Is there anyone out there currently going through IVF? I'm about to start my injections. Would be nice to have some more friends to chat to about this.

Thanks,
Libby

Replies

• Cpollard6608
    Cpollard6608 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you and your SO, but my wife and I went through this last year. The injections are terrifying at first, but suddenly become very easy. I know my wife had her struggles with the raging hormones etc and the stigma attached to IVF at first, but we have a beautiful and healthy son and that is all that matters. The one thing we told each other was that this was bigger than any discomfort that we experience and it would all be worth it in the end. Best of luck to you! Fingers crossed for you!
  • mindywrogers
    mindywrogers Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been there, my twins are now 16 and my youngest, 12. I had my husband give me the injections but quickly realized that I was more than capable of doing it myself (except for the one in the butt lol). The doctor's office staff were wonderful, and were in contact on a daily basis telling me what to do. The hardest part for me really wasn't the injections but frequent blood work/ultra sounds requiring trips to the doc office before/after work. IMO, all totally worth it when I look at my girls. Good luck XO
  • La5Vega5Girl
    La5Vega5Girl Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    i'm not, but wanted to send you love, prayers and tons of luck! meditate, use acupuncture or relaxation.

sending ((((HUGS)))) :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • galprincess
    galprincess Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Been there twice sweetie if you wanna add me feel free I got pregnant on both occasions as did my recipients (I egg shared) really hope you get the same outcome

I did use acupuncture and a ivf relaxation cd but can download from iTunes it was the ivf relaxation compilation by marion howe I think her name was
  • EA1979
    EA1979 Posts: 25
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Nice to hear some success stories :-) The injections are actually no bother at all.
  • LizReeb
    LizReeb Posts: 17
    Options
    Will be starting in January, so I'm no help yet. But best of luck to you, and and lots of baby dust. :)
  • MrsKGrady
    MrsKGrady Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    My DH and I aren't there, yet. We are doing the FSH/HcG injections with timed intercourse and hoping that we won't have to do IVF. Lots of baby dust your way! I hope you get your BFP very soon.
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    I am an IVF baby! My brother, who is 21 months younger, is as well. My sister came along 6 years after me even though my parents were told they could never naturally conceive. Good luck :)
  • numinousnymph
    numinousnymph Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    So, I'm not going through it, but my mother went through it to have my sister and I. It's cool to know all the sciencey stuff that went into creating me, and also to know my mom went through so much to have me because she wanted a child so much. Best of luck to you :)
  • Angold83
    Angold83 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Me me! About to start injections in 3 weeks. Would love to become friends. X
  • EA1979
    EA1979 Posts: 25
    Options
    Ah you're all so lovely! To everyone planning it or about to start it, please add me :-) And to all you IVF babies, how awesome is that? So much wished for and here you are :-)
  • deesantosxo
    deesantosxo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Going through IVF now! Starting stims 10/10 ! :smiley:
  • delatl
    delatl Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I went through IVF last summer. A fresh cycle (BFN) in June and a successful FET in August. Now I have a beautiful 5-month-old little girl. It was absolutely worth all the hassle and the pain. You get used to the injections. I did gain about 5-10 pounds from all the hormones which I'm still trying to lose, after losing most of the pregnancy weight. But that's a small price to pay! Good luck!
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    Good luck to you. I agree with acupuncture, worked wonders for me, especially to alleviate my stress and anxiety. The process is an emotional roller coaster. I'm mommy to a 4 year old little miracle through IVF. Yay science!
  • lbFighter
    lbFighter Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm a little late to the party, but I wanted to join in because I'm starting injections next week. Lupron makes me gain weight at an incredibly fast rate, so I'm trying to minimize my gain with diet and exercise. EA, I'll send you a friend request. :) Happy baby making!