help..

Options
I have no problem eating well and tracking my calories throughout the day.
However, as soon as I get home from work or school I just turn it off.. I never feel full.
ugh, i'm just so frustrated with myself. I don't know what I can do to control myself once I get home in the evening.

Replies

• tifanieb
    tifanieb Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    i am a stay at home busy mom of 2 boys. I find that if i am wanting to eat when i dont need to then i find something to do. i will exercise, play with my kids, jump on the computer and do anything to distract myself and it passes. hope this helps. oh and i drink water then wait to see if i am actually hungry or not
  • steacher24
    Options
    Are you eating alot of carbs and sugars? Sugars make you just crave more sugars. Try snacks with more protein, like nuts.
  • kittytrix
    kittytrix Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem. Honestly, the way I kept the food out of my mouth was logging on here or taking 30 to 45 minutes in front of the TV to lift some weights and do some circuit training. After I finished a nice l ittle workout and saw how well I was doing, I didn't want to mess it up.

Another thing that helped was my brother wanted to get healthy and I felt like I needed to be a good role model for him. How could I tell him how to work out and eat right if I wasn't doing the same thing?

Log in often and find someone or someones who can help you remain accountable.

I hope that helps.
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    Are you eating alot of carbs and sugars? Sugars make you just crave more sugars. Try snacks with more protein, like nuts.
    even worse: FAKE sugars make you crave more sweets. The body does not know how to gage the sugar substitutes and it actually get addicted to them, causing the body to crave more and more. :(
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I just posted that same thing. I came home late, cooked something for tomorrow and then nibbled around the kitchen so much that it wiped out my first workout today! Such a waste.
  • stricnine
    stricnine Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, it sounds like you sit in front of the TV while you eat. if that is the case, try using Tivo or some other DVR box andd pick a day to catch up on all of your shows.

You might try not having the foods left out once you finish eating. Then you have to go through the wait and warm it up process to see if you are truly hungry or just needing something to chew on.

Also, take a step back and look at where you are in your goal process to see if this little bump puts you off of your target.
  • YayMe17
    YayMe17 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Keep yourself busy. Read a book, meditate, peruse YouTube...... Take your mind off of food. Sometimes I feel like the more I try not to think about food the more it dominates my thoughts. Don't deny yourself. If you HAVE to snack, try snacks that are good for you & have very little calories. I try to always have veggies cut up ready to eat. Bell pepper strips, cucumber spears, sugar snap peas.
  • Amary06
    Amary06 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your advice. I think I munch when I am just coming down from the day from boredom. I'm so busy all day long that I don't know what to do with myself once I don't have to be somewhere in 10 minutes and so on
  • isislc
    isislc Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Try the shelled nuts for a snack. With those, you have to work to get the nuts out and I find I don't eat as many because of that.

I used to have the same problem and did a drastic move to stop myself from eating like that. If I had a craving for food, I would eat items with salt and vinegar. Of course, after you eat enough of it, your mouth kind of seems to be a little tender from the vinegar so you're less prone to eat other things till the tenderness goes away. I did this for a couple of weeks and now I have it under control. I usually keep a can of pringles (salt and vinegar) around the house in case I need to "waterboard" myself again. lol