What do you do when you finish T25?

Options
Do you go on to the next thing, repeat it from the start, or do you just keep doing gamma? Or cycle between gamma and the gamma hybrid?

I purchased it cheap on ebay, going to start it Monday officially but I've been playing around with some of the alpha workouts while I wait.

Also, when you got to the part with the weights, how many pounds did you use for the dumbbells (for the ladies)? The used T25 I purchased did not come with the stretchy thingy like it showed on the infomercials.

Replies

• YorriaRaine
    YorriaRaine Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tmuellenberg
    tmuellenberg Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    If you feel like it's challenging enough still, I would run through all the phases again. I think it helps when you are changing your workouts on a regular basis. For the weights, I used mostly in the 10-20 lb range.
  • skinny4me2be
    skinny4me2be Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    old thred, but interested to hear what people have done. Bumping.
  • therocpile
    therocpile Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Do Insanity!!!!!
  • eganita
    eganita Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I did Gamma after completing Alpha and Beta, and that worked out well for me. I think T25 is a great workout program and will probably return to it at some point (either the full program or just some DVDs here and there).

I used 5 lb,10 lb, and 15lb dumbbells most of the time, from memory. I didn't really use the resistance band, so I don't think you're really missing out there. It seemed kind of tricky to get the band set-up properly sometimes. One advantage of the bands is that you can increase/decrease tension as needed by wrapping it around your foot or something (though the one that came with the program is really light and not the best quality). I definitely needed different size weights for some different exercises, so I recommend having a few different weight options.

I started doing another workout DVD which I love - Tapout XT (mixed martial arts type workout). I love the strength work and work with resistance bands (I bought a pack of them ranging from very light to very heavy - I'm sure I'll continue to use them even when I am done with Tapout). I also wanted to get back into running, so I've been doing a modified Tapout schedule along with running a few days a week. There are so many great workout programs (DVDs and otherwise) out there... I say go for something you enjoy :)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Do Insanity!!!!!

that was what i was goign to say!
  • eganita
    Options
    Do Insanity!!!!!

I did Insanity awhile back, and I know a lot of people like it a lot. Just to give you another perspective, I thought it was a little too much jumping for my taste and not enough strength work. I also found I would dread doing the workout most days, though I did push through and complete the program. I may use the DVDs here and there, but I don't think I'd do the program again. To each his or her own, of course, and nothing against those who recommended it :)
  • Philp0718
    Philp0718 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I've combined T25 with PiYo and the 21 Day Fix workouts, I even throw a little bit of Insanity in there every now and then. I get bored following 1 schedule so I've combined those 3 as they are my favourites.
  • JennyJiggle
    JennyJiggle Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Currently in my first week of Gamma and just planning to go for it and try Insanity once I'm done.

Pretty sure my fitness level isn't where it should be to start it but I'm all about progress not perfection. I could do another round of T25 but ultimately I'm more concerned with getting bored and quitting than finding Insanity torturous.
  • JulieMarieLopez07
    Options
    I just finished Week #2 of Gamma this morning. Throughout Gamma I have used 12lb dumbells except for the superman and rocketman exercises in the Rip't up workout, I used 8lb dumbells for those two exercises. I followed Alpha phase as recommended. Once I moved to Beta i decided to start doing two workouts a day instead of one because i felt like I wasn't getting enough. Everyday in Beta phase I did the daily beta workout and then an alpha workout of choice. I've done the same through Gamma. I do the daily Gamma workout and then add a Beta workout of choice as well.

With that being said, I have two weeks of Gamma left and then I'm jumping right into Insanity!
  • RunnerStephe
    RunnerStephe Posts: 2,195
    Options
    Les Mills Combat
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I did t25, did 30 day shred again, went back to t25 and stopped in the 2nd week, went to insanity, stopped 3 weeks in, and than quit working out for a bit, started jogging bleachers, quit, and now getting back into working out, I'm about 2 weeks into Insanity but I find insanity impossible with my schedule so I'm about to hit T25 again.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Do Insanity!!!!!

I did Insanity awhile back, and I know a lot of people like it a lot. Just to give you another perspective, I thought it was a little too much jumping for my taste and not enough strength work. I also found I would dread doing the workout most days, though I did push through and complete the program. I may use the DVDs here and there, but I don't think I'd do the program again. To each his or her own, of course, and nothing against those who recommended it :)

I don't think insanity was ever supposed to be a strength workout.
  • eganita
    Options
    Do Insanity!!!!!

I don't think insanity was ever supposed to be a strength workout.

I never said it claimed to be a strength workout. But it's a reason why I don't prefer it.
  • cvuittonet
    cvuittonet Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just finished t25 (alpha, beta, and gamma). My schedule is so intense that I only have time for a 30 min workout in the morning so I think I'm going to do a hybrid of t25 and p90x3. Has anyone else done that?
  • mizztanjo
    mizztanjo Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I did Piyo after T25 actually. I know, completely different but it worked. Gave me a small break but still broke a sweat. Sometimes your body gets bored and comfortable in one type of workout, so it's good to change it up :) But ultimately the choice is yours.