Round...2ish!

Options
I originally started MFP in July 2012. I woke up one day and decided that I was done living day to day in despair over how much weight I had put on over the years. Before that morning, I would start, start losing and then boom...I'd fall off the bandwagon ans back into self loathing indulgences in donuts, chips, whatever I could get my hands on. That morning, I wrote down all of my goals. I'm 5'8" and at the time weighed 190lbs. My clothing was getting too tight, I didn't feel attractive to my husband even though he swore up and down that I was beautiful. I took a ton of pictures at every angle I could and started a folder just for them. Did a bunch of research and jumped right in. I never went by the scale. Infact, I hate and still hate weighing myself- but of course still constantly step onto it, hahaha. I tried going mainly by pictures and how my clothing fit. Weight fluctures daily so some days I'd go into panic mode when my water weight levels were higher...that was until i forced myself to put my scale away for a bit. Haha. At first I struggled a lot. I expected to see change instantly. It wasn't until istuck with it and continued to educate myself that I finally started to feel comfortable in my own skin. I have always had a lot of self image issues and for the first time I felt amazing. Even though the scale wasn't spirling down, I knew it would as long as I didnt give up. I worked my butt off doing Jillian Michaels, Insanity and Yoga. Ate healthy but gave myself 1-2 cheat days a month where I wouldn't count, wouldn't care. By December, I was down to 155lb. I kept pushing through and in no time I had reached my goal weight of 135lbs. I finally had muscles! And felt absolutely amazing all around. I did it. I did it for me. Unfortunately, I slacked off once again. Not horribly but I definitely loss a lot my muscle mass and gained 13lbs. I'm back with a vengeance and plan on toning even more than before. (I never was able to get rid of the belly pooch completely from having my son) Always looking for friends to help motivate and to motivate back! Rooting you all on! We can do this - together!

Replies