From 112-149--I Keep Yo-Yo-ing & Can't Keep My Promise Once

Options
I'm 30 years old. 5'5, and currently 149lbs. I am devastated. I've been dieting since I was 18yrs old. Everytime I make my weight-goal happen (kill myself at the gym---diet etc...) I swear I'll never do this to myself again. But 12 years on, I have trousers and dresses in 3 different sizes. Bras in 3 different sizes. I'm so discouraged I'll be plagued with yo-yo dieting for life. As Kate Moss said, "Nothing tastes as good as being skinny." That's easy to say when you don't think about food non-stop and don't have millions for a personal trainer and chef. How do I lose this weight this time---finally----and find peace and balance?

Replies

• Xandi
    Xandi Posts: 319
    Options
    I understand, I have a closet full of clothes... 2-12
    I also get down to where I want to be then slack off... Ugh
    Frustrating!
    We are here for you!
  • nalia08
    nalia08 Posts: 252
    Options
    I am the same way! Every year I make it to my goal weight twice, but I always end up adding back the weight I loose. I don't know what to do either. Why can't we just stay in that committed mind frame!
  • Lydbell
    Lydbell Posts: 28
    Options
    I have been doing the same thing for 10yrs! It is really frustrating. I wish I had the answer. I know signing up for this site has already helped me. Just one day at a time.
  • jn13
    jn13 Posts: 9
    Options
    I'm hoping this site will be the thing to make that extra difference. Thanks for the comradery. I just hate myself so much right now. I hate the way clothes feel---I feel uncomfortable in my own skin. I am also humiliated to get undressed in front of friends or my husband. Again, I appreciate you guys who are dealing with the same issues. I don't know why some of us dream about food and others could love it or leave it...........
  • mamabear88
    Options
    So many of us know this story. I have always had a body that tends toward round with varying degrees of success at slimming down somewhat at different times in my life. About 4 years ago I joined the now defunct "LA weight loss" program and actually got all the way down to a weight that I didn't know I had in me. At 115 lb ( I'm only 5 feet tall) I had visible structure beneath me shin and that was about the most beautiful sight in the world. It took me 2 years to get there from 140 lb and I stayed in a pretty good place for another 1 - 1.5 years. This past year I let go again and I quicky drove myself right back to 140 lb. I told myself I was never going to weigh over 120 lb again!

Well, on on my way down again. I ( we all ) know what it takes. No magic. Less input / more output. I'm down 6 lb. (134) and shooting for a sun dress by summer. I figure a pound a week is probably realistic; I have a slow metabolism, but slow and steady wins the race - right?