Protein Shake when trying to lose weight

Options
I've started a high intensity workout plan incorporating Muay Thai, BJJ, and Weight training... One of my friends suggested that I incorporate a Protein shake after my work outs but I'm afraid it will have a negative effect... any suggestions?

Replies

• jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Protein is used to help refuel the body and help muscles heal, I do this after I do hard workouts
  • It won't have a negative effect. If you are working out very hard especially lifting weights your muscles need the protein to build and repair themselves. I make smoothies with fresh or frozen fruit, flax oil, psyllium husk, water and a scoop of protein usually once a day. Every one I have made is yummy and also healthy for you with low calories!!
  • annecolorgreen
    annecolorgreen Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    why would it have a negative effect? one of the suggestions by running coaches is to drink lowfat chocolate milk after a run to help with recovery...I would think a protein shake would have a similar effect.
  • Yzfdude1
    Yzfdude1 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Awe MILK, the original sports drink!
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    As long as it's budgeted into your calorie allowance I don't see how it can have a negative effect.