New and in need of support!

Options
Hi,
Well I have been on this site now for 3 days. I thought maybe I should say hello. I am 47 yrs old, I have 50 lbs to lose.
I am the worlds worst yo yo dieter. I have done them all...and feel like I am VERY knowledgable on dieting and healthy living. My problem is...I cant stick to a diet...I am weak, I guess. I have some giant self esteem and mental hang ups about my weight. I have missed alot of my life due to the fact that I hide, or miss important events because I dont wanna be the only "fluffy girl" there! I am the one who's always putting myself down, and saying nasty things about myself, or saying fat jokes about myself...it doesnt hurt as much as when someone else says it. I have had some successes in the last 4 years, I quit smoking after 25 years...and I have had 2 knee replacements. So I am quite proud of these triumphs. Why cant I get a handle on my weight? I hate it more than I can possibly try to put into words. I just want to be healthy, look "NORMAL" and be comfortable in the skin I'm in.
Any help, or support, or advice will be greatly appreciated.
I am determined to do this, my family deserves me to be healthy and happy." I " deserve to be healthy and happy.
I am ready to take this journey, and would love some company along the way!
Foxy

Replies

• idahogirl71
    idahogirl71 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    Hi Foxy,
    I just read your post and other than your age it was like reading my own journal. I am 39 and am also a yo-yo dieter and have been on every program known to man (and woman). I lost 36 pounds last summer only to gain it back this winter. If I can be of any help don't hesitate to ask. It seems that sometimes just having a friend and someone to listen helps. Have a great day! --idahogirl
  • Ulster1
    Options
    Hi foxy, instead of saying I must loose 50lb play it one day at a time and if you have lost 1lb go for the next it’s much better not to look at the big picture, one step at a time, and if you keep going that way, you will love the game you are playing and never look back. Stay focuses lots of luck. A friend in South Africa:smile:
  • GiGGiTy3434
    GiGGiTy3434 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am on the glycemic index or GI diet and I love it. It's more than just a diet, it's a new way of life. I weighed 303 lbs on Jan 1st and on Jan 24th I weighed in at 279 lbs. Just google GI Diet and you can read about it. It's a "diet" plan that really makes sense to me.
    I've tried weight watchers, counting carbs, pretty much everything and I lost weight only to gain it back.
    And for the record, I am no way affiliated with the GI Diet, I make no money trying to spam it out to others.

Just thought I would throw this out there because so far I am very happy with it. Also my wife has lost 21lbs in the same amount of time. I eat 3 meals a day and 2 snacks a day. It seems like I am always eating but healthy foods instead of junk food.

Good luck and God Bless
    Jeremy