I am serious about losing weight

Options
I will do everything in my power to reach my goal. Fitness and nutrition have become really important to me. I can do this and will help others do this!

How about you? How do you feel?

Replies

• C5North
    C5North Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Good for you. You CAN do it.

As for me? Oh it isn't even a question at this point. It is happening. I feel so much better than just 2 months ago it is silly. Why would I ever want to go back to my old way? The new way I'm eating is working and TASTES GOOD. I like the exercise. I love being able to go up one flight of stairs not not having to take a break. I love being able to stand up from a chair without being in pain. I love to be able to actually do things, like wash the car for instance, and not being wrecked for the rest of the day. And I still have a good 130-140 pounds to go! I can only imagine how good I'll feel when I am another 25 pounds down and then another and another...

There is no going back. PERIOD.

Couple all that with the fact that if I go back to my old ways I am simply going to die. This is an easy choice.
  • sensitivefool
    sensitivefool Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I feel like going for a jog in the woods and not worry about my wobbly bits.

Thus I shall.

:flowerforyou:
  • desweds
    desweds Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    >Couple all that with the fact that if I go back to my old ways I am simply going to die. This is an easy choice.

DING!!! when the spectre of an early death hangs over you it's incredibly easy to do this.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I focus on the 4Ms:
    Macros: make sure that you are eating to your MFP calorie goal and getting enough protein and fat.

Micros: make sure you are eating a balanced diet that includes the RDA of all micronutrients over a week's time.

Moderation: you don't get bonus points for eating more than your RDA of the micros, so you can usually work in some "treats" and still meet your nutritional needs. This makes the lifestyle change more sustainable in the long run. Also, try setting your weight loss goal a little less aggressively - a half pound a week means that you are still losing weight, but you barely miss the calories.

Movement: Your metabolism receives huge benefits - well beyond calories burned - when you get 30 minutes of vigorous activity five times a week.
  • missylectro
    missylectro Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    >Couple all that with the fact that if I go back to my old ways I am simply going to die. This is an easy choice.

DING!!! when the spectre of an early death hangs over you it's incredibly easy to do this.
    I bet you wish you would have started earlier. I'm 27 and I wish I started earlier haha
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Seriously?
  • DiamondDiva914
    DiamondDiva914 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi...I'm Alana from Ohio. I have been playing at losing weight for the past few years, but I wasn't really serious about it....until i ended up in the emergency room from as yet unknown chest pains. I'm attempting to go from my current weight of 263 pounds to 150 pounds. I need all the help and encouragement I can get! I deal with lupus and fibromyalgia, which doesn't make it easy to exercise, but I'm trying!
  • C5North
    C5North Posts: 50 Member
    Options

I bet you wish you would have started earlier. I'm 27 and I wish I started earlier haha

No doubt. I suppose once someone is committed to a lifestyle change they always wish they had started earlier. I was in awesome shape up until I was about 29, if I do say so myself, but evidently I loved food more. I wish I had changed when I hit 225, 250, 275, etc. I've had a dozen (at least) failed starts over the last 15 years. I'm not sure why this time is different but it is.
  • shifterbrainz
    shifterbrainz Posts: 245 Member
    Options

Thus I shall.

Thus I shall.

Keep thinking like that and you're gonna loose them wobbly bits! Be warned LOL and I'm thinking if I keep reading things like this, my thinking will turn into believing I can do it too :) Thanks.
  • missylectro
    Options

No doubt. I suppose once someone is committed to a lifestyle change they always wish they had started earlier. I was in awesome shape up until I was about 29, if I do say so myself, but evidently I loved food more. I wish I had changed when I hit 225, 250, 275, etc. I've had a dozen (at least) failed starts over the last 15 years. I'm not sure why this time is different but it is.
    I can relate. I tried in the past but wasn't *fully* commited. Now I feel I can do it and HAVE been doing it :D
    Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • dgeorgiadis
    dgeorgiadis Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Well I am pre diabetic and I think how could I have let this happen? In need of some friends who are motivated and keep me accountable. I promise I will keep them motivated and accountable.
  • missylectro
    Options
    Feel free to add me :)
  • Shirotora88
    Options
    I will be using MFP for the rest of my life, I am very serious when it comes to my health now. So far I have lost 123lbs and only 62 more to go until I maintain my weight.. Its been a slow process but its worth it
  • Mstroud1988
    Options
    You can do it !! ????????????????