What will be your reward and what is your motivation??

Options
So im curious as to what everyones motivation is to lose weight? and how will you reward yourself when you get there?

So for me My motivation is to wear jeans. As silly as it is i always wear A line skirts and dresses as im curvy and hate it!! So i havent worn pants stince i was about 10! ! My reward? Im not sure yet.... thats why im asking as ive spent my life rewarding myself with food and that has to change!!

Replies

• ifeelsqueaky
    Options
    My motivation is to fit back into my made to measure clothes (I have two corsets and two dresses) without feeling like a sausage roll! However, the only problem I foresee is that I may come out the other side being too thin for them!

My solution is to make my reward more made to measure clothes :bigsmile:
  • believetoachieve
    believetoachieve Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I'm the opposite - I can't wait to wear MORE skirts when I lose a few pounds, haha. Sometimes my thighs touch and it's irritating!! :grumble:
  • monkeybu
    Options
    My motivation is my family, especially my kids - I really want to set them a good example. Also I'm turning 40 next year in October and I am determined to look amazing when I go out and party for my birthday. My reward will be going shopping for a little black dress to wear on the night - my first LBD in over 17yrs!
  • JennyJH
    JennyJH Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I want to look half decent and be fit enough for all the activities on my holiday in July - going to Cuba!!

I now have a mini goal - fitting into one of my favourite dresses and having the stamina to dance the night away at a Salsa party 26th Feb, then do a dance workshop the next day!!

Ideally I'd like to lose 4lb by the 26th, my reward will be new shoes!!
  • kal2202
    Options
    my initial response was to make food my reward!! but as i am trying to change my relationship with food i try to have a small reward each week- something that fits into my calorie limit of course!!

I have a 5lb reward- my aim is to try and lose 5lb per month so its kind of a monthly reward (hopefully i can lose that much every month!!)- and so every 5lb i will buy myself something around $50 like a massage/ manicure/ charm etc. I am fortunate to be able to afford $50 but if not giving yourself a mani/ pedi/ facial can be done reasonably cheaply.

my final reward if I ever get to my goal weight is to spend $300 at my favourite clothing store as i have never been able to buy things from there and i always look at the clothes and wish that i could wear them cos they are so pretty. hope it happens!

i think it is important to have small, medium and one final giant reward for all your goals along the way to keep motivated. I am hoping the whole thing will get easier and the weight loss will feel like a reward in itself- like getting back into old clothes, feeling healthier etc- but until then 5lb is about as far into the future i can aim :)
  • Jennifer2311
    Options
    My goal is to wear my cropped jeans from last summer :) I also have lots of lovely tops Id love to wear again, they will be my reward when I get to my goal.
  • mistawalka
    mistawalka Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    My motivation stems from some hard times for my family recently and a desire to change the inevitable before its too late.

My father-in-law was diagnosed with cancer last year and leading up to xmas has come to terms with it being terminal with only a few months left to live. My better half has been away for the last four months to support her mum and dad and I've spent a few weeks down with them too. Apart from watching the decline of a fit and active older man, I have also seen my mother in law struggle with the additional work load of caring for pops as she is also carrying some extra weight. It was this that really kicked me in the pants to want to take better care of myself now whilst I can.

On top of this my father back in the UK has always been overweight - for as long as I can remember, we even had pictures of him up from his Uni days as champion 'Beer Belly'. I recently found out that when he retired from work he was diagnosed with daibetes most likely from the weight/diet. Many other members of my extended family back in the UK are in similar situations - so I intend not to take up that particular 'inheritance'.

My reward - at 43 I have been with my better half now for about 7 years - the reward will be living a healthy and happy life with her for many years in this great new land I now call home. What better way to enjoy the sun sea sand and surf than to be fit and healthy.
  • hickman52003
    Options
    I will give myself small rewards along the way but I think my biggest reward will be feeling comfortable in my own skin and going to Hawaii with my hubby..Thats his reward to me..
  • backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    My motivation is to get really really fit and strong again, like I used to be.

The reward is not to cringe when I see myself in my training kit. I never make food a reward as I think it generates an unhealthy relationship with food. If I want to treat myself for having done well I'll buy a new piece of kit like some really nice running tights or something, or book myself in for a sports massage.
  • hjy319
    hjy319 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Motivation: right now is to win a Biggest Loser contest. after March 4th, it will be to never have to shop for clothing in "special sizes" or have order most clothes online.

My reward...well new clothing will be a must along the way, but Im thinking massages, facials and other spa treatments along the way :)
  • shadowofnature
    Options
    My motivation to lose weight is to have more confidence. I never realized how many things I don't do or how many things I don't say simply because I don't think anyone would care because I'm pudgy.

My reward for losing weight? Spending spree on Etsy and publishing a book!
  • JennaK
    JennaK Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have made mini-rewards for myself for mini-goals. Sometimes I get discouraged even when I'm doing the right things to lose weight and end up giving up, so I made my goals for "staying on the right track" and weight.

If I can go a whole month without eating out - new shoes
    If I work out 20 times in a month - massage
    If I work out 25 times in a month - mani/pedi

160 pounds - new shirt
    150 pounds - new outfit (pants, shirt, etc)
    140 pounds - espresso maker (I really want one of these and they are damn expensive! lol)

My number one motivator for this is I'm getting married in June and we'd like to start for a family right away, so I'd like to have a BMI in the "normal" zone before that happens!
  • kitta3
    kitta3 Posts: 84
    Options
    My goal is to look a lot more better in a wedding dress in september, and to wear a bikini at the beach again.. I use to be so thin and had a great body, but I lost that and I want it back

along the way i reward myself with my hair done and clothes
  • Tralee1111
    Tralee1111 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    My motivation is that after years of yo yo dieting, I finally lost 40 pounds. Then I re-met an old love from 25 years ago, we fell in love again and decided to marry. Within a year, I gained all the weight back because I was making home cooked meals and being kind of stressed over wedding planning. :explode:

So, for this new year, both the hubby and I are eating more healthy and really thinking about what we're eating. I still make home cooked meals, but they are healthier and better ingredients. So far, I've lost 6 and the hubby has lost 10. My hybrid bike is just waiting to get out on the road once the weather warms a little!

Our reward will be to feel better, look better and add years to the time we have together! And, we'll take that postponed honeymoon. :smile:

My motivation is to look better, fit into the majority of the clothes in my closet again and have a balanced life. :flowerforyou:
    His motivation is to be healthier, be more mobile and try and get off some of the meds for high blood pressure.
  • chrysnel
    Options
    I'm the opposite - I can't wait to wear MORE skirts when I lose a few pounds, haha. Sometimes my thighs touch and it's irritating!! :grumble:

Sometimes?? Lucky girl! I think mine are glued together :laugh: I'll be happy to be able to wear shorts without them riding up in the middle - for now I can get away with capris because they can't ride up past my knees :laugh: :laugh:
  • carolinegeorgia
    Options
    my reward is to buy new clothes, love being able to go into a clothes shop and know you will find something that fits, now it's a case of buying what I like instead of something that covers me..... ;-)
  • believetoachieve
    believetoachieve Posts: 675 Member
    Options

Sometimes?? Lucky girl! I think mine are glued together :laugh: I'll be happy to be able to wear shorts without them riding up in the middle - for now I can get away with capris because they can't ride up past my knees :laugh: :laugh:

Haha, okay well it's more like they always touch and sometimes irritate me. I hate having to pre-plan how far we're walking so that I can estimate if my thighs will get chafed (so embarassing). And I completely forgot about shorts!! Ugh, you're so right. My best friend (who's the same weight/shape as me more-or-less) says that wearing slightly longer jean shorts keep them from riding up - I havent tried it yet, but maybe it'll work for you too :smile:
  • leomentlines
    leomentlines Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I haven't worn shorts in YEARS, since around age 12 or so. So one motivation is to firm up my thighs and feel comfortable wearing shorts again.

My reward if I get to my goal weight is to go on a HUGE clothing shopping spree, and donate my old wardrobe to charity.