40 lb goal

Options
I have a 40lb weight loss goal! I'm 5'8 and 200lbs! I've been as low at 147 before (in my late teenage years)...and high as 210 this past July!

***I am doing a 8 week Weight Loss Challenge with work colleagues!
***Just started back doing T25 at home!
***Run/Walk 5K this weekend!

Hoping for 15-20 lbs by Christmas......

Anyone in my same boat?!?

Friend me!!!!!

Replies

• oviedojen
    Options
    I have a 40lb weight loss goal! I'm 5'8 and 200lbs! I've been as low at 147 before (in my late teenage years)...and high as 210 this past July!

Friend me!!!!!

Good for you! You have a weight loss goal and a plan moving forward. Are you factoring in some sort of food/diet plan? I'm not a fan of the word diet, I prefer lifestyle change. Also are you doing T25 by yourself or do you have someone supporting you thru the process? Shaun T is awesome!
  • galprincess
    galprincess Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    ive been on here around a yr and almost at my 40lb goal
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Great job kicking it into high gear! I've seen a lot of people have great success when they get into a contest situation. I think it really helps to motivate people. I'm not there anymore, but I dropped 64 lbs by tracking my food and exercising at home. You can do it. It really just takes time and consistency. You've got this! I'll send you a buddy invite!

I will say, push yourself as much as you can in exercise, really stick to your nutritional goals, but don't be discouraged if you don't hit your target by a specific date. I've seen a lot of people really get down on themselves because although they made huge leaps forward, they missed their goal by a very small margin. Celebrate whatever results you get!

Allan
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8 my highest recorded weight was 291. I know I topped out higher than that, but have no proof. I am currently 223. (my restart date was 1/8/14, and I pretty much took the summer off) So your 40lb goal can be done. Just remember why you started, don't quit. Don't let one bad food choice become a full day. Take this one meal at a time. Remember it's a lifestyle change not a diet with an end date. You have got this! . Feel free to send a friend request. :)
  • onefortyone
    onefortyone Posts: 531 Member
    Options

Friend me!!!!!

OMG, are we twins? I am somewhere between 5'7" and 5'8" and 200 too! My highest was 210 earlier this year... Not sure of my lowest weight, but I was 155ish at about 19. And I joined a 15lbs by Christmas group a few weeks ago and I have lost about 5lbs of it so far! My ultimate goal is a 60lb loss, but for now I'd love to get to 160 to be within the 'normal' weight range for pregnancy and all that kind of shenanigans :)

Gonna send a friend request!
  • Cori_Mac
    Cori_Mac Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Hello there! :)

I'm 5'6-5'7" depending on the time of day and who's measuring, and now 177.6. My highest was around 220 many years ago. I would also like to shoot for around 30-40 pounds. I'm sending over a friend request. :)

Sounds like you have a fantastic plan so far.
  • vincelaccro
    vincelaccro Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    My ultimate objective is 170 (I'm 6'1)
    as currently I'm 187 and before I started really to exercise at half june
    I was weighing 220 pounds, calorie counting, lots lots of road bike and
    some supplements (Vegegreens + CLA)

Now Itake things slow to get to my 170 at much smaller calory deficit
    and exercising to thy gym since a month now 4 times a week

My only rule is when I finish working, quick lets go to the gym (the gym is just across the street
    of my workplace) and spinning once a week (wanna keep the road bike cardio up)

3 month to lose 20 pounds should be enough if you stay at a calorie deficit, train hard ,always do your best
    be competitive with yourself