You Won't Defeat Me!!

Options
Yeah you! You won't talk me out of going to exercise by telling me its ok to take more than 1 day off a week. I won't let you tell me (TMI) that you are having bathroom issues and you're bloated....just to sick to go. I surely won't allow you to just throw any kind of excuse at me to get me off my path. I've worked to hard to allow you to start sabotage me now. So woman in the mirror you need to take a back seat. The inner me now sees you for who you are and what you are. You are a enabler. You are lazy. You are the one that got me to where I was at 324 lbs. I will stay focus. I will stay determined. I will succeed.

This is some of what I went through this morning. I had to really battle myself to make it to the gym at 4:30. Every step I took there was another excuse popping in my head and with every excuse I had to counter it with a positive thought of why I should get to the gym.

Our worse enemy is ourselves in this healthy lifestyle change. Just stay true to yourself, continue to be determined and have a positive mindset you will reach your goals.

So how do you defeat the person in the mirror staring back at you when they say you can't?

Replies

• ertgreg
    ertgreg Posts: 16
    Options
    Well said...
  • octopusami
    octopusami Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I also get up early in the morning- 4:20am and running by 4:30am. When I don't want to get out of bed I say to myself... You have slept for years. You can stay in bed and continue to be lazy and unhappy or you can do something about it. Get off your butt and make it happen!
  • backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Loved this post. You go girl!!! :drinker:
  • bslclay
    bslclay Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I argue with myself all the time! The healthy me is getting stronger everyday. Sometimes the unhealthy one seems stronger but she is really the weak one. One day at a time....

I have been writing positive statements on my bathroom mirror as well as my weight loss goals. Seeing that helps to remind me of why I am making healthy changes.

Good luck to you! Stay strong!
  • MsFitnFabulous
    MsFitnFabulous Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this. It has helped me realize that I sabotage myself too often by doing everything I'm trying to change. No more. Thanks again
  • Ctiffeny
    Options
    yeah, needed that :smile:
  • jamie78
    jamie78 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Well said! Thanks for the pep talk!!
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Hey I just wanted everybody to know that we all have battles. The strongest battle is the fight we have with ourselves. This morning was like waking up in a rainy dreary place and something was standing in my way not allowing me to see the sunlight. I had to do something to change the way I was feeling and I knew staying home in the bed wasn't the answer. When I got to the gym I was in my element. At peace once again.
  • xlacijeanx
    xlacijeanx Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    GREAT post. You are completely right. I'm just starting my Weight Loss Vlog and decided to call it "Dumping My Inner Fat Girl" because I really do believe that we sabotage ourselves and make ourselves believe we don't deserve to be fit and healthy, and happy. You are an inspiration! Keep up the great work!
  • kimcat73
    kimcat73 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Love this!