New to this! Question about meals.

Options
Hi everyone, I'm new to this whole fitness deal, and I have a question about eating 3 meals a day.

Is it really that important to eat 3 meals a day? I consider myself to skip lunch, and kinda eat breakfast as my lunch.. if this makes any sense. With my sleeping schedule, I wake up around 10am every day and have breakfast upon waking up. then I eat dinner around 5pm. these are the only two meals I have a day.. I casually eat other things in between the 2 meals. Is this okay to do, as long as I am getting the correct number of calories and nutrients? Thanks in advance :)

Replies

• littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Different things work for different people. I work best splitting up my daily calories into smaller meals throughout the day. I would go nuts with 2 meals. So I eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner with snacks in between (more like 5-6 smaller meals a day).
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    It's fine. Meal timing and frequency is a personal preference and has no bearing on weightloss.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Meal timing has little effect on your weight loss. It may affect your hunger signals, mood, energy levels, or gym performance throughout the day, but that varies from person to person. Unless yoi have a medical reason, it's okay to skip meals as long as you feel okay doing it and you're hitting your calorie and nutrition goals.
  • Zerodette
    Zerodette Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Eat like a hobbit.
  • thefontsguy
    Options
    Thanks for the responses! Just what I thought.
  • msmi1970
    msmi1970 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    i tried that for a week as i didn't feel particularly hungry. breakfast at 9am (4 eggs) and roast chicken/lamb patty at 4pm-5pm..ish.

didn't work for me. my caloric intake was waaay too low at around 850. for a 300lb dude, just didn't work. felt pretty lethargic.

i have gone back to 3 meals per day.

what i would say is whatever works for you.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I feel better and have an easier time hunger-wise when I eat little bits of food all day. "Grazing like the cow I am" is how I used to describe it. :)

Some days, I eat all day, others get split into real meals.

Some people do well eating one meal.

Whatever works. Just keep to your calories and exercise. :D