Anyone doing Jillian Michaels Body Revolution?

Options
Hi there, I'm new to MFP, my short term goal is 17 pounds by the end of 2014. I am 37, 5'6" and 187. I am currently on Phase 2 of the Jillian Michaels Body Revolution and wondering if anyone else out there is trying this too? I am not following her meal plan and using her DVD's 4 times per week. I thought this was more realistic to maintain long term healthy habits. I also yoga about 5 times per week. I am open to providing and sharing support!! Feel free to add me!

Replies

• cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I'm finishing up phase 3! It's a great program! I have been doing Jillian Michaels for years so the first phase was basic for me but she really ramped it up in phase 2 and phase 3 is OMG????????????. Love it. Love Jillian. Need to figure out what program to do next though. The 30 minutes really works for my busy schedule. I try to workout 5-6 times per week
  • MelanieRBrace
    MelanieRBrace Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your comments. Congratulations on finishing up Phase 3!! I have gotten to love Jillian Michaels through this program. I love being able to slip in the DVD for 30 minutes and get so much out of her workouts! It fits for my busy schedule as well and I am a little too intimidated to join classes for now. Have you tried her 30 day shred? If so, how many DVD's and length of time are those sessions? I was thinking of moving on to that next as she is inspiring me currently. What other DVD's have you tried? I too, will be looking for something to move on from when I am done Phase 3 - looks like a long ways away now but glad to hear someone else can do it! Good for you!
  • dlavato
    Options
    If you like the 30 minutes a good workout to try after Jillian Micheals is T25. I did the body revolution than did T25 after and it was wonderful for sure!!! I am not a coach I just really like that workout :happy:
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I've done it twice. I'm doing something else currently, but it's definitely a good, challenging workout. The first time I did it, I only did 3 workouts per week with it, so it took 6 months, rather than 3, to complete it. That was early last year (Jan-June 2013). When I did it the second time, this spring, I did the 6 workouts per week, finishing in 3 months. I actually did find it more difficult with the 3 times per week, mostly because there were some of the workouts I didn't really like and it felt like I had to do them FOREVER. Do what works for you. :flowerforyou:
  • MelanieRBrace
    Options
    Thanks so much for the advice - I will definately try that after!
  • cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Let's see I've done the vast majority of Jillian's workouts

30 day shred - my first DVD other than Pilates on my path to fitness. 3 levels, 25 minutes each and challenging. Probably easier after finishing body revolution.

Banish fat boost metabolism - a tough 50 minute cardio/strength like an easier version of the cardio on body rev or similar to cardio 2

No more trouble zones - fantastic 50 min strength workout

Killer buns n thighs - tough but fantastic 35-40min workouts

Yoga meltdown - only did it twice. Hate yoga

Extreme shred - 45 min shred style workouts, nice addition

Probably others I'm forgetting. Jillian's workouts are usually very affordable, efficient, and only use 1-2 sets of weights so really useful. Have gotten really strong with her

I have done P90x (kinda boring), turbofire (so fun!), Brazilian butt lift (ouch) and insanity (amazing!) Maybe for this reason I didn't find the first part of t25 repetitive and not enough for me and stopped. Thanks for reminding me about it. After this program I will try the next level of t25 as it may match my fitness level better and prevent boredom. After that going to look towards beachbody again unless Jillian releases another DVD
  • MelanieRBrace
    Options
    Thanks for this super useful information! Totally motivating and informative! All the best!
  • BIggestLoseraddict15
    Options
    I have done almost all of Jill's videos as well but havent done Body Revloution. I have all the paperwork from it, diet plan, etc, but havent actually gone through with it. I lost my first 36 with her 30 day shred, and kickboxing videos...which were my absolute fav. i have all of her books which i purchased before losing my first 36, and I LOVE her!!
  • BEVERLYSTEEN
    BEVERLYSTEEN Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Just started this today and it is horrible to see my overweight self jiggling all over the place but I completed it and 1/2 hour is excellent. I was able to buy the complete set for only 40.00 at Meijers marked down so I was excited about the savings as well.