Peanut Butter and Banana Sanwiches good for Runners???

schninie82
schninie82 Posts: 502 Member
edited September 23 in Food and Nutrition
Hi... I heard someone talking about Peanut Butter and Banana Sanwiches and how they are really good for Runners... can someone share the info...??
Thanks

Replies

• jchecks
    jchecks Posts: 133
    they are really good for runners...the potassium in the banana is great for your muscles and the protein in the PB is good for energy during longer runs...
    my personal preference is to not eat PB before a good run because it always seems to stick around...like flavor wise. not to be gross...but i find that i can taste it through my whole run and i am not a fan of that at all.

good luck with running!!! i cant wait till it starts to warm up so i can get back outside!
  • Peanut and bananas are super foods for runners because they jam pack in vital nutrition that we need. Here is a link to an article that explains why. If I'm not mistaken, they are also listed in the top 10 superfoods in Runner's World - Encyclopedia of Running. If you haven't purchased that book, I would recommend it. Great for any level of runner.

http://running.about.com/od/nutritionforrunners/tp/bestfoodsforrunners.htm
  • amyrc12
    amyrc12 Posts: 183 Member
    Now I want peanut butter and banana toast for breakfast... mmmmm...
  • CarlitaK
    CarlitaK Posts: 139
    I just had pb and toast for breakfast!! i love it! Gives energy all day!
  • schninie82
    schninie82 Posts: 502 Member
    Thanks everyone...!! I'll stock up on some peanut butter next time I do a shop...and I will look up those other superfoods for runners too..Im only a beginner, still about 13 minutes per mile...but to me its not about getting faster just yet, its more getting out the house and exercising... one day Im sure the speed will come... thanks again!!
  • tater8589
    tater8589 Posts: 616
    Yummy-- your making me hungry. They are great for runners and even better if you add some honey too :)
This discussion has been closed.