eating dinner at work

Options
xxshebearxx
xxshebearxx Posts: 23 Member
just wanting some ideas for low cal meals to eat at work. (ones that reheat well in the microwave)

thank you!

Replies

• JoshD8705
    JoshD8705 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Define low cal for you. For me it's 300-450 for breakfast and lunch, but 600-800 at dinner.
  • VelveteenArabian
    VelveteenArabian Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Soup
    Stew
    Pasta dishes
    Mexican dishes
    Hamburgers
    Chicken & rice/veggies
    Casserole leftovers
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Homemade chili, soup and lasagna do well when reheating in the microwave. Oatmeal can be a breakfast for dinner type of thing if you like, it will also reheat well.
  • JoshD8705
    Options
    I like to brown lean beef, boil whole grain rice, and then put them together in cream of mushroom soup, with mixed vegetable, or green beans. Cook on medium till cream of mushroom thins.

Edit: Save carbs by ditching the rice.
  • successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    I pan cook chunks of chicken breast that I have marinated or simmered in pace picante sauce and water, then portion the chicken, cooked brown rice and frozen green beans just dumped on top into small containers like sandwich size ones, then stack and freeze. Just made 22 of these frozen meals for work.
  • loribethrice
    loribethrice Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I take Quaker Weight Control oatmeal with me to work and yogurt and cottage cheese.
  • katrishamaile
    katrishamaile Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Tonight's dinner was VERY filling and I loved it. It was the first time for me to combine these things, so give it a try.

1 cup brown rice (200 calories)
    1 "serving" beef mushroom gravy (175 calories)
    1 cup steamed, frozen mixed veggies (90 calories)

I made the gravy with 1 pound of 80/20 ground chuck and a 2 mushroom gravy packages prepared per directions. I made it for my family and it made enough for double servings. We served that over the rice. Then I added a dash of salt and pepper to the veggies. It is not a low sodium meal, so take that into account for any medical/dietary issues.
  • JoshD8705
    Options
    Tonight's dinner was VERY filling and I loved it. It was the first time for me to combine these things, so give it a try.

1 cup brown rice (200 calories)
    1 "serving" beef mushroom gravy (175 calories)
    1 cup steamed, frozen mixed veggies (90 calories)

I made the gravy with 1 pound of 80/20 ground chuck and a 2 mushroom gravy packages prepared per directions. I made it for my family and it made enough for double servings. We served that over the rice. Then I added a dash of salt and pepper to the veggies. It is not a low sodium meal, so take that into account for any medical/dietary issues.

Wow lol that's basically what I listed. That's awesome to see others make it.