For women ONLY!!!! - BC Pill

Options
Does anyone have this happen? During the week I stop taking the pill (inactive pills) I lose 5 lbs, usually about 2 days after I stop taking it. Then I gain it back 2-3 days after I start taking it again. And while it's preferable to being pregnant, I'm wondering if anyone else is having this kind of weight change?

Replies

• msce2
    msce2 Posts: 35
    Options
    Does anyone have this happen? During the week I stop taking the pill (inactive pills) I lose 5 lbs, usually about 2 days after I stop taking it. Then I gain it back 2-3 days after I start taking it again. And while it's preferable to being pregnant, I'm wondering if anyone else is having this kind of weight change?
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Its probably water weight. Some pills are notorious for it
  • alisha123
    Options
    Me too. I've heard that gaining weight is a side effect of the pills. It's funny that during TOM, I lose weight, but then goes back up after I'm back on the regular pills. For me it's only like a pound or 2. I've been thinking about not taking BC for the next month cause I'm getting married in October and see if that'll bring me down a few pounds then go back on after the wedding.
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I've been on the pill for about 7 years now and haven't noticed any change in weight directly related to the pill...

no fluctuating up, no fluctuating down

sooooo many things can toy with your weight. i find it best to only weigh once per week (maybe even every two weeks), same time of day, wearing the same stuff (preferably nothing)!
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Me too. I've heard that gaining weight is a side effect of the pills. It's funny that during TOM, I lose weight, but then goes back up after I'm back on the regular pills. For me it's only like a pound or 2. I've been thinking about not taking BC for the next month cause I'm getting married in October and see if that'll bring me down a few pounds then go back on after the wedding.

Careful with this....
    Some people don't adjust to going back on the pill as quickly.
    So, you could get insta-preg....but if that's what you want....
  • msce2
    msce2 Posts: 35
    Options
    I've always had issues with the pill, and this has been like the 8th or 9th one that I've tried. I just think my body doesn't adjust to it that well, but then again pregnancy hasn't been that kind to it either.