water intake?

Options
13»

Replies

• phil6707
    phil6707 Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    you are supposed to drink half your weight in ounces at minimum (to cover what your body uses)

drink when your thirsty is not an advice to follow because when you are thirsty, you are already dehydrated...

I do drink 18 cups a day
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    you are supposed to drink half your weight in ounces at minimum (to cover what your body uses)

drink when your thirsty is not an advice to follow because when you are thirsty, you are already dehydrated...

I do drink 18 cups a day
    Links already above you in this thread that disprove this.
  • Shropshire1959
    Shropshire1959 Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I drink around 2 gallons a day.

wow that's a lot of water lass ........ but that'll be 2 little US gallons not a proper man-sized Imperial measure :-p
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    No problems on drinking enough here! I drink when I'm thirsty, which is all day, every day. (For those with basic medical knowledge whose buzzers are going off, it's idiopathic.)

Unless you have a medical or mental problem that interferes, you can drink for your thirst and be okay with that. :)
  • loribethrice
    loribethrice Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I drink around 2 gallons a day.

wow that's a lot of water lass ........ but that'll be 2 little US gallons not a proper man-sized Imperial measure :-p

8 quarts? lol...welcome to American measurements! I'd drink more if there were more hours in a day I could be awake. I am so thirsty all the time!
  • alligatorrawr
    alligatorrawr Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I think I am just going to go by the half my body weight, that's 14 cups (or 3 of my water bottles which is doable). I don't drink sports drinks unless I know I am dehydrated (hiking and long bike rides) and thanks for the insult but I know what research is.
    No offense, but if you know what research is, you'd know the "half your body weight" suggestion isn't scientifically valid. The actual scientific recommendation is, "drink when you're thirsty."

well if that was the case then I would never drink water because if I am not drinking any at all I don't get thirsty. I drank nothing but coffee for years...
  • La5Vega5Girl
    La5Vega5Girl Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    i drink 2 qts. per day, and i don't have to pee every few minutes. my body is used to it. i used to hate water, but now i love it. i just add a splash of lemon :smile:
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    I think I am just going to go by the half my body weight, that's 14 cups (or 3 of my water bottles which is doable). I don't drink sports drinks unless I know I am dehydrated (hiking and long bike rides) and thanks for the insult but I know what research is.
    No offense, but if you know what research is, you'd know the "half your body weight" suggestion isn't scientifically valid. The actual scientific recommendation is, "drink when you're thirsty."

well if that was the case then I would never drink water because if I am not drinking any at all I don't get thirsty. I drank nothing but coffee for years...
    And you were perfectly hydrated drinking coffee. Depending on what you put in it, it could be a calorie issue, but hydration wise there's no reason to choose water over coffee, especially factoring the health benefits of coffee.
  • 31st_Proverbs
    31st_Proverbs Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    My blood pressure pill has a diuretic in it so normally I only drink 2 - 3 cups a day. Since I've been logging it make me more conscious of it and I'll have 6-8 cups. Good thing we have two bathrooms in our house:drinker:
  • erinb419
    Options
    Wow! 18 cups! I only drink 8 cups a day.
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    If my cup is empty I refill it. I drink between 2-3 gallons a day.

29509743.png