Can I do it in 12 weeks?

Options
I know that my friend has already planned a New Year's Eve party and she recently bought a hot tub too so I now know that I can't stay covered under my dress the whole night. My body is in that kind of stage where it's a chubby slim...if you get what I am saying. I'm a good size but I just have the trouble areas of my stomach and thighs that are a bit too flabby for my liking.

I may as well start planning ahead with a regime to lose the extra pounds now otherwise I'll end up panicking a few weeks before and that will just be no fun!

I used to go running, so I could try starting that up again? I do the odd Blogilates video and I recently bought Vicky Pattison's 7 Day Slim. Will that be enough?

The most difficult part will be the healthy eating since there are so many temptations! Do you have any tips to suppress cravings?

Would be really grateful!
Thanks!!

Replies

• Blueseraphchaos
    Blueseraphchaos Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I use mints and sugar-free hard candy if i feel like eating every food item in sight. They're not calorie-free, but one mint usually does the trick for me. Or i take a walk, if i have the energy to do so, lol
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Forget about the pills. If you haven't already, start lifting heavy to tone up the "skinny fat" look. Five pounds in twelve weeks is doable, but it's going to take a LOT of effort!
  • Blueseraphchaos
    Blueseraphchaos Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Forget about the pills. If you haven't already, start lifting heavy to tone up the "skinny fat" look. Five pounds in twelve weeks is doable, but it's going to take a LOT of effort!

And this. Didn't realize there were any pills involved...why waste your money, they won't work anyway. Lift heavy things!
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Dont take pills - waste of money and if anything...it just gets rid of water weight.

Start lifting heavy weights.
  • GetSlimEquestrian
    GetSlimEquestrian Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    If you're thin, then strength training is pretty important to tighten up and develop muscle tone. I would suggest you do more of the blogilates videos (follow the calendars, maybe?). And to lose the weight, add cardio and track your calories. You can look much better by New Years Eve :)
  • KatyLulu97
    KatyLulu97 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I guess strength training is definitely the way forward then. Oh and don't worry, I have never taken any pills :) I don't have that money to waste!
  • AndyRogan
    AndyRogan Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Weights, even just light weights but more reps.
    Water, drink LOTS of water, it helps get rid of water retention.
    Squats, crunches, planking for the tummy area