Trapped in a world of junkfood. Help!

Options
Over the past few days I've gone back to eating lots of sweets and chocolate, and this weekend I have an unavoidable sleepover with a friend which is bound to result in more eating of crisps sweets and chocolate, and a very unhealthy 2 days. I don't know what to do because I don't want to get sucked back in but it's my friends birthday and I can't avoid it. What should i do? Help me!!!!

Replies

• SXMEnrico
    SXMEnrico Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    bring your own food.
  • joyangbax
    joyangbax Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I think it's okay to have a treat once in a while, just log it and account for the calories and you will be fine.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Go enjoy your friend's birthday. Life doesn't stop because you decide to get healthier. Either make a decision to enjoy the treats in moderation, or not in moderation, or make everyone miserable because you are worried about your diet instead of what should be a fun time with a friend celebrating her birthday creating memories.
  • DataSeven
    DataSeven Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I agree w/ the previous poster to bring your own snacks if possible. Or try to figure out what they will be having at the party and plan ahead by having a lighter breakfast/lunch. It's OK to have some junk food as long as you count it.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Just log it and enhoy. If you can moderate then do that or take your own food as suggested above.

what you shouldnt do is obsess, stress or beat yourself up about it. Just take responsibility and accept the consequences. Its your choice what you do.
  • shartran
    shartran Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Since you're already in that 'unhealthy' zone right now with sweets, this weekend is probably not the time to 'get on the healthy train' again. Go and enjoy....trying of course not to go too nutty with it all. Hopefully, there is 'real' food there too. Can you bring in some stuff to add to the party that isn't all crap? Some yummy app's/finger foods that are good for you...then you could fill up on those instead plus still enjoy some treats without going overboard.

Then tell yourself you will 'get down to business' about healthy food on Monday...and get excited about it! Plus ditch all the crap you currently have in your cupboards just before you leave for the weekend, so that when you return it's a fresh start for you! Do not bring it into your house anymore. If you are dying for something decadent in the future, go to the bakery and purchase one small thing and enjoy each bite of it. Then you're done without destroying your goals.

Let us know how it went!
  • IvyLuci
    IvyLuci Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Take all the junk food in the house to the sleepover, and don't buy any more. Enjoy the weekend in moderation as much as possible and start fresh from Monday.
    Can you take a veggie platter or sth similar to the sleepover? If all the food there is junkfood everyone might use some veggies (as in,other people might enjoy them too)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Enjoy your friends birthday with her, in moderation. This is about learning to live life, not about giving up anything. You'll be more conscientious with what you're eating, which is great, then you log it and move on.