Travel and Sustaining...

Options
I'm going home for 13 days to work from the home office (instead of remotely as I do now) and visit with family and friends.

Luckily, I'm staying with my parents, but I'll need to get all new groceries while I'm home and will inevitably have lunch/dinner dates and happy hours with folks to catch up. I'll also be working out at my old gym if they let me buy a 2 week pass and/or my parents' equipment. I know common sense I should just keep working out and counting and stay with lower cal meals and beers/drinks, but is there more beyond that? Doesn't travel/change have effects on one's body?

Any suggestions for maintaining my streak? I know I have to keep count, but it's difficult when eating out at a restaurant and not knowing the nutritional value of things (if it's not a chain/if they don't already provide it online).

Any and all suggestions welcome!

Thanks!!

Replies

• imcanadianangel
    imcanadianangel Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    yes it does as you don't sleep the same you don't eat the same or drink the same. it happens all you can do it try your best and enjoy your time. try and stick to your routine as best as possible. If you gain a lb or 2 is not the biggest lost but than you will know for next time.

Tips is if it's a long drive make your own lunch and bring your own snack that way you are not tempted to pick up fast food. Try to stop at rest stops that do not serve food. If you feeling your self getting tried while driving pull over and take a walk or make sure when you do stop for lunch you have room to walk around to help work off lunch.

I did all this when I traveled from Ontario Canada to Fort Myers beach Fl and we did very well only gained 1 lb while away
    Go and have fun enjoy your time and try not to worry as that too will make u gain! hugs have fun!! and let us know how it went
  • laurenbausch
    Options
    Don't eat crap. I LOVE going out to eat, and I am also a drinker. I still enjoy light beer or white wine, but I always use common sense when I don't know the calories. Eat salads but bring your own dressing, or eat grilled chicken and seasonal veggies. Stay away from pizza and heavy pasta dishes. Typically when I go out to eat I drink 2 glasses of water before my meal, and that helps fill you up. Sure the server might hate you, but IT WORKS!!! I'm also a firm believer in portion control and self control! I LOVE french fries, but I don't eat them!!! Sure they taste good, but afterwards I'll feel like a lard@$$. Keep your head on straight!!! You can do this!!! Just be a firm believer in yourself!
  • KCBollard
    KCBollard Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks, ladies!